Bono reveals how he got lost in 10 Downing Street

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
By Hannah Louise Dunne
Monday April 14 2008

BONO has revealed he got lost in 10 Downing Street after a dinner with Tony Blair.

Blair, seeing out his last few weeks as prime minister, invited Bono for a private dinner.

“It was very romantic. It was just me and him,” joked Bono.

They drank the Downing Street cellar’s best wine although the Dubliner conceded he had a little more to drink than the PM.

Later, Mr Blair said he had to take an important call and asked Bono to see himself out.

The Irishman couldn’t believe he was being allowed free run of the residence. He sat back and savoured the moment but then promptly got lost as he tried to find the front door.

He took in all the historic photos on display and even came face to face with a portrait of villain of the Irish history, Lloyd George.

“We were face to face. Me and Lloyd George. The man who oversaw partition with the threat of war. We were eye to eye..... he said nothing,” joked Bono.

The rock star was speaking at Dublin Castle at an event honouring Tony Blair for his contribution to the peace process.

Also in attendance were Taoiseach Bertie Ahern, former SDLP leader, John Hume, peace talks chairman, George Mitchell and Sir Bob Geldof.

Praise

Bono also had kind words for RTE presenter Marian Finucane, who hosted the evening at the opulent flag room in the State Apartments, Dublin Castle.

“There is no room which is not the better for having Marian Finucane in it,” he said glancing over at the radio star.

He was also fulsome in his praise of Bertie Ahern and his charge of the economy.

Meanwhile, George Mitchell described in moving terms Mr Ahern’s contribution to the Good Friday agreement.

He recalled how Mr Ahern worked feverishly on the agreement in Belfast in between attending his mother’s funeral in Dublin.

The gala dinner, attended by the captains of Irish industry, was in aid of the 3Ts (turn the tide on suicide) charity, founded by solicitor Noel Smyth to raise awareness of the suicide problem.

- Hannah Louise Dunne

Something never change, :lol:

I could imagine myself trying to start fights with paintings when drunk :lol:

maybe he should have STAYed put, but instead he WALKed ON. at some point he may have felt he was RUNNING TO STAND STILL. every corner he turned made him feel ONE STEP CLOSER to nowhere, he felt like a STRANGE IN STRANGE LAND. bono kept on looking for an EXIT.

kingofsorrow said:
maybe he should have STAYed put, but instead he WALKed ON. at some point he may have felt he was RUNNING TO STAND STILL. every corner he turned made him feel ONE STEP CLOSER to nowhere, he felt like a STRANGE IN STRANGE LAND. bono kept on looking for an EXIT.
The Wanderer?

Back
Top Bottom