Bono quote

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
I was listening to ISHFWILF from the Rock's Hottest Ticket show where Bono's like "Even though we've worked for this... worked hard for this for the last few years, it was never our ambition necessarily to be number 1... to be on the cover of Time magazine" and it got me thinking. What's all this biggest band in the world crap of late? And people here justify that by saying they have always wanted to be number 1 from day 1.

:does not compute:

They've always wanted to be the biggest. Just look at AB as typical U2 example. A new direction for sure but with the added comfort blanket of radio friendly pop songs to ease record company fears. :shrug:

lol. Why do you have to dis AB now? All I'm saying is that that quote I mentioned doesn't seem to come from the same place as Bono's comments about always wanting to be the biggest.

if you really think they didn't want to be the best, #1 etc., you're fooling yourself. they're no different in that mindset now than they were when they first started out.

Zootlesque said:
All I'm saying is that that quote I mentioned doesn't seem to come from the same place as Bono's comments about always wanting to be the biggest.

Lol, you've quite frequently accused Bono of bullshitting. And now all of a sudden it suites your argument by brinig this quote up as the Gods honest truth. :rolleyes:

Bono quotes are one thing but evidence suggests that U2 have always had one eye on the prize

roy said:
Lol, you've quite frequently accused Bono of bullshitting. And now all of a sudden it suites your argument by brinig this quote up as the Gods honest truth. :rolleyes:

Chill, man! Why do you take things so seriously?

I still don't think they necessarily want to be the nr. 1 band

they want to be at least in consideration for that title though

It was just an observation, people, while I was listening to that concert. I'm not trying to make some big point or stir shit or call Bono a lying hypocrite or anything like that, just so you know.

good
because it would be quite dumb to call someone a lying hypocrite over something he said in 1980something and something he said in 2000+

unless you want to call 99.9% of human population lying hypocrites

Haha nice... I see the similarities to Deutsch... ich wohne in....... I don't know what's for windmill in german. lol.

LemonMelon said:
Dear God, please bless us with a new U2 album soon, xthxbai. :pray:

your pal, LemonMelon

Are you trying to insinuate that my thread is meaningless??? Shuddupyoface!!!

Zootlesque said:

Are you trying to insinuate that my thread is meaningless??? Shuddupyoface!!!

I'm insinuating that you must have been quite bored to have created a thread simply to point out an "observation" that had no cynical strings attached. :wink:

Plus, I do want God to bless us with a new U2 album. And that's not what I call Bono; he doesn't have the power to do such a thing.

LemonMelon said:

I'm insinuating that you must have been quite bored to have created a thread simply to point out an "observation" that had no cynical strings attached. :wink:

I don't do that. I don't have alternate motives when I create threads. What you see is what you see. :)

:angel:

Back
Top Bottom