Bono posts stuff on here regularly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and me... when I went to American for Christmas when I was 7. I went to see Santa, and he told me that he was the real santa because he was America, and all santas in Britain were just his elfs. My cousins quickly popped that bubble for me. :sad:

And if anyone wants to set up an interview with us, just drop us a line. Bono would be more than happy to do it for us!

Bono, if you read this, will you come by my house on Christmas? That is if you get time--I know you are busy. Anyway--Merry Christmas!

sallycinnamon78 said:

I sense a pattern forming here... although it's sad that noone has decided that they are Larry yet!

OK, you've found me out! Don't let the avatar and username fool you. I'm really Larry! :larry: See? :wave: :wink:

U2_Muse said:
Larry has been living in Edmonton all this time? :happy:

Shhhhh! Don't tell!
I love riding my Harley in the snow when it's 40 below! :cool:

:D

People have been impersonating U2 members on U2 message boards like this for as long as I can remember. Someone pulled off a fairly convincing "Bono" back in '97 or '96 I think, on the old "Wire" newsgroup, and it was hilarious to see the big tizzy it caused.

U2 doesn't spend time hanging out on stalky internet fan sites like we do; they write songs and go on tour. Keep that in mind! :)

LyricalDrug said:
People have been impersonating U2 members on U2 message boards like this for as long as I can remember. Someone pulled off a fairly convincing "Bono" back in '97 or '96 I think, on the old "Wire" newsgroup, and it was hilarious to see the big tizzy it caused.

U2 doesn't spend time hanging out on stalky internet fan sites like we do; they write songs and go on tour. Keep that in mind! :)

Yeah...as I recall the mysterious poster started showing up and posting mysterious "tid-bits" of information re: Pop and the tour.

Wire! Whatever happened to Wire? I pulled out when it got all snippy-snipey.

Regarding impersonations...

I used to be part of an online club where we'd discuss Terry Pratchett's Discworld books. This was the biggest Discworld fansite at one point. Some wag pretended to be Pratchett to join online chats, and had several hundred gullible people convinced that it was him.

LyricalDrug said:

I think you'd be shocked to discover how much like the rest of us they really are. Yes, they write songs and go on tour, but they also take out the trash, change diapers, eat crackers in bed and surf the internet and read messageboards just like you and me. I doubt they post, but they read. Trust me.

HELL, I do not eat crackers (biscuits in Australia) in bed.
Does that mean I am not “like the rest of us”?
I surf the net because I have free time.
U2 are family men, partners, raising kids (except Adam). They know the “U2 thing” inside out, why read what very distance outsiders (us) think.

I would think that at some point in their careers, and since the advent of the internet, they would be curious and check out a site like this! Even just once.

I would think it would be entertaining to see what your fans are saying/thinking/guessing....

When Edge was asked on the Elevation tour in Chicago if he visited Interference he had no clue what was being talked about.

This tells me A. He visited prior to that and it left no impression on him and he couldnt even remember it. OR B. He had never been here before.

Now its possible he or another band member have visited since that time but I seriously doubdt it. Now I can guarantee you that people from Principle probebly have checked out the site. But how often are they doing it when the Edge hoax went on for a good month?? Dont believe the hype folks.

This is a great board with great people. But the odds the band themselves are visiting are slim to none. With Zootopia up there is no way they are coming here if they want to check out message boards themselves. Just enjoy the board for what it is. Does it matter if they have been here? I dont think so.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:
When Edge was asked on the Elevation tour in Chicago if he visited Interference he had no clue what was being talked about.

This tells me A. He visited prior to that and it left no impression on him and he couldnt even remember it. OR B. He had never been here before.

Or C. He didn't want to be bothered with the insanity a yes answer would have brought on.

lauren430 said:
I would think that at some point in their careers, and since the advent of the internet, they would be curious and check out a site like this! Even just once.

I would think it would be entertaining to see what your fans are saying/thinking/guessing....

I think once in a blue moon they might breeze through sites....but I don't think they'd ever post....anonymously or otherwise. :shrug: Ya never know...ya never know

martha said:

Or C. He didn't want to be bothered with the insanity a yes answer would have brought on.

Nope, I wont get into the circumstances but I know this isnt the case. But hey, believe what you want. Why would him saying he had checked out Interference brought on insanity anyway? Seems like alot on this thread believe it anyway, wheres the insanity? Now if he said he posted under an alias, different story. I'm not saying he definately hasnt visited here because its possible. But based on the first hand information that has been presented to me I think its HIGHLY unlikely especially prior to the Elevation tour.

Last edited:
Adam said he knew about it when someone on here met him in Dublin and handed him a printout of a thread, wasn't that about a year ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom