Bono on TRL for Inspired Artist Award 2/25/06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SleepyDeadMan

War Child
Bono was on TRL for being most inspired artist.

There was a brief interview between Bono and the host. Basically it was an advetisement for people to sign up for the one campain :mad:. He said the usual: that the music is how he tries to touch his audience and that it is his weapon, that U2 was as relevant as they've ever been, and then that Africa really could use our help and that the TRL generation knows that they are the ones that could make a difference. If you missed it you did not miss much, but I figured I'd post anyway. Really, the interview was only about two minutes long.

thanks for the update...didn't seem like I missed much...I had thought of taping it, but I really just wanted to see Bono...
lol...didn't want to waste a tape for the other crap ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for that, don't get MTV (that's what TRL is on right?), so it's good to have the lowdown :).

It was actually a much nicer and more respectful segment with Bono than I thought it would be.

Jon Norris and Damien were great in their words about Bono.

And Bono was his normal gracious self.

Altogether, a very good interview. :wink:

TRL is completely lame and U2 getting an award from them is ridiculous since that show symbolizes everything that's wrong with music today.

However, I'm glad Bono made good use of his on-air time by plugging the One campaign.

RademR said:
it's always funny to see how uninterested the TRL kids in the background are in Bono :wink:

LOL, I've noticed that as well. I guess he's just not as OMGWTF!11!AWESOME as Ashlee Simpson. :D

Back
Top Bottom