Bono on TRL 12/01

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember seeing and hearing U2 for the first time on MTV, like it was yesterday.

It was the video called "New Year's Day" (yes, folks, like U2, I am a 40 something, but that's OK). I remember seeing that video and thinking how cool this band is! I loved that video of them riding horses and playing in the snow! I also loved that song and still do.

Who knew back then that they would still be around today. Back in the early 80's so many bands were one-hit wonders and quickly disappeared. So, thank you U2 for still being a band and for the memories.

On another not, Carson Daly's talk show is the worst piece of crap I have ever witnessed. Who the hell actually let this guy have a talk show? Seriously? WHY!?!?! He thinks he's funny and the audience looks like they're in pain while laughing at his bits. :yuck:

I can't stand TRL...but i am going to watch it today....I must agree Carson is the WORST....:barf:

Watching now.

Holy crap----Hillary Duff looks like Skeletor!

I wonder if Bono's going to be Bono-straight-up-and-normal-Bono, or if he's going to try to be "hip" for the kiddos.. :hmm:

Have they said when Bono will be on, for those who are watching now? I'm in L.A. and wondering when to set my vcr for.

Halup said:
Have they said when Bono will be on, for those who are watching now? I'm in L.A. and wondering when to set my vcr for.

Not yet & the first half hour's done. My guess is we'll see him in about 10 minutes or so (5:40 here) and he'll close out the show.

Bono's on the phone on TRL right now. And the VJ just called him "sir"!!!!!

clip of edge playing from msg show

terrible picture of bono with wrinkly cheeks

talking about how they keep up energy---it's because they came from punk rock....

msg show was "trippy"

explaining oots video..... the reason i watch mtv is that every now and then you see an artist come on with an outstanding video of something you've never seen before (or something like that...can't type fast enough)

worked with computer artist to develop this new technology/art to show images ..."robot girl who would love to be human but she's not human but she fantasizes to be human.......inspired by the spielberg film 'AI: Artificial Intelligence"

showing video now----5:45 ET for you, Halup---45 minutes into the show

have to say video looks cooler on a nice big tv screen than on my laptop...:wink:

now talking about world aids day.....statistics......why does aids affect every one of us? one of the things i feel about music, an dit'snot just r&r, or hip-hop,but music,...it's freedom to express yourself, freedom to be who ytou are, not just what people tell you to be....and other people need to be free.....the aids emergency is a health crisis...there's never been anything like in __ years.....statistics.....to see the waste of life & kids dying who one day would grow up to be great composers or scientists or you don't know what....they dn't have freedom to grow up because of this virus....and we can give them the freedom because we have the drugs......this guy i met....was on death's door...half his body with scars from scratching....they gave him these drugs & literally 40 days later he was back at work...they call it the lazarus effect..........and we can do this for people.....one of the things that makes us unhappy is when we focus so much on ourselves....

working with alicia keyes on the keep a child alive association......what an extraordinary girl...not just a great songwriter..but you get the feeling that she's going to change the world....and her audience is going to helpher change the world...i'm sure some of her audience is in the studio with you now....and i just want to tell them...............change the world.....we have the one campaign.... we're gonna change the world...i can't think of a better way to live our lives......we're not bleeding hearts here...we're funky people..............

god bless you.....

----sorry! that's all i got!

Queen Bee said:

no worries! :wink: and i'd say that bono came on the phone about 3-4 minutes before that, so set your vcr a little earlier.k

I'm not so sure how I like the interpretation of the video as "a robot girl who wants to be human." :eyebrow: I like my interpretation better! :wink:

Utoo said:
have to say video looks cooler on a nice big tv screen than on my laptop...:wink:

very much so :drool:

i love how much bono talks and the way he seemingly rambles but always somehow segues into his point

Back
Top Bottom