Bono on Radio4 this Tuesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Just a reminder that Bono will be the guest editor on the BBC's Radio4 program "Today" this coming Tuesday, 28 December 2004!

Here is the blurb at their website:

After last year's success of inviting well known people to come and be a guest editor on the Today programme, we thought we'd do it all over again.

The rock star and global campaigner Bono is one of five high-profile figures given the chance to dictate the news agenda.

The Duchess of York, director Anthony Minghella, businessman Sir Richard Branson and philosopher Baroness Onora O'Neill will also pick topics to cover.

They will be in the editor's seat for one day each from 27-31 December.

It follows a similar scheme last year when Radiohead singer Thom Yorke, novelist Monica Ali and Professor Stephen Hawking were put in charge.

Bono, who has campaigned on issues including third world debt and Aids, recently said he wanted to "spend the rest of my life" trying to eradicate extreme poverty.

"I have to confess, I'm not a natural editor," he said.

"I want to start the countdown to next year, when Britain can change the world for the poorest people on the planet."

The UK will take over the presidencies of the European Union and the G8 group of nations in 2005.

The Duchess of York said: "Today is the most important news programme in Britain so I couldn't resist the chance to use it to highlight serious issues like the terribly debilitating motor neurone disease."

Today editor Kevin Marsh said: "Last year's experiment drew such interest from well known listeners we thought we would try it again, with a great range of new guest editors."

The BBC stressed the guest editors would work with the usual Today team to ensure their material was newsworthy and stayed within BBC producers' guidelines.

The guest editor week looks like this:

27 Dec: The Duchess of York
28 Dec: Bono from U2
29 Dec: Sir Richard Branson

The program will be on Radio4 from 6am-9am GMT so be sure to check out when you can hear the program where you live!

I don't know if the B-man will be on the air, but I will be listening in the hopes that he is.:up:

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY! DON'T LET IT GET AWAY! :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

that's what we're here for, Aardvark, to carry each other.

:wink:

I'm really lookng forward to it - even though the program will be on between 12am-3am CST where I live.

BONO IS WORTH BEING UP ALL NIGHT FOR! :lmao:

Here is the link to hear the various "Today"segments that Bono chose to include in his turn to be a guest editor today on this BBC Radio4 program:

http://www0.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/reports/misc/guest_editor_bono_20041220.shtml

Plus, you can hear Bono speak himself about this experience too!

I listened to all three hours of this program and really thought the various news stories that the B-man wanted to do were EXCELLENT - all the way from talking about the Make Poverty History Campaign to the similarities between Arabic and Celtic musics.:wink:

A very interesting time with the Mind of the B-man.

THANK YOU, BONO, FOR YOUR BEAUTIFUL HEART AND SOUL....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom