Bono on O'Reilly Factor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keebler884

The Fly
Didn't know if anyone had heard anything more about this, but Drudge Report has the following headline posted:

"Bono-Bill O'Reilly sitdown set at FOX... Developing..."

No other info available, though. Just thought I'd pass it on.

Anyone want to take any bets on how long it takes O'Reilly to start yelling, "SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! CUT HIS MIKE!"? I say three minutes. :wink:

Whoa! :shocked: That'll be something! So I assume that Bono is still going to the Republican Convention? He'd better keep his word. He sure wouldn't look very non-partisan if he showed up at one convention and was a no-show at the other (especially after saying he would go to both).

Ahhh hmm. I'm going to wait and see if I hear anything from a more relaible source than Drudge. :wink:

That would be interesting though. yeah.

Hmm my mom is a big O'Reilly fan, we could finally watch Bono on something together. :laugh:

Last edited:
Bono doesn't have time to waste on a non-essential debate with BO. He wouldn't be able to get his message across because of BO's tendency to have and hold the conversation/spotlight. I'm not saying Bono couldn't stand up to him, but it would be futile since BO doesn't have anything to do with policy/desicion making. That's not to say it won't happen, but I really doubt it.

It will probably be a calm exchange. O'Reilly only gets mad when you dodge questions. Bono will be straight forward. I'm sure O'Reilly also will respect that Bono is not a "pinhead celebrity bombthrower" and is not overtly partisan.

Actually Bono could do his cause a service by appearing on O'Reilly where he can expose himself and the cause as legitimate and not just another typical celebrity stunt/cause.

And you will probably be surprised how much O'Reilly respects him. What exactly can he challenge him about? I've heard him give Bono some slight praise in the past. His show did an entire segment on that Newsweek article (maybe it was Time?) that had a list of the 50 most influential people in our culture (or whatever) and Bono was fairly high on the list. O'Reilly went straight down the list making fun of every celebrity on the list, besides, you guessed it, Bono. He may not be in love with the guy but he does respect him.

If anything O'Reilly bringing him on the show to expose a 'supposed' leftist celebrity activist who doesn't think Bush is Satan and takes on issues and plays fair with both sides of the aisle. I think it could legitamize Bono, the One Campaign and DATA
in the eyec of many skeptical right wingers who just see Bono as some bleeding heart celeb with a cause.

I think it will be cool, actually and really can only make Bono look better. Because I don't see O'Reilly taking him to task over anything, maybe the F-bomb at the Golden Globes, but I see an affable Bono just making fun of himself over that.

O'Reilly plays fair sometimes, believe it or not. It's not like I'm a huge fan of his, but he's fun to watch.

I don't see Bono's appearance on his show being a debate type of issue to be honest. There is nothing for O'Reilly to challenge Bono about. This wont be like when Michael Moore appeared.

O'Reilly will probably start his usual celebrities know nothing about politics and/ or their causes rant, which doesn't apply to Bono.

I hope it's true, I look forward to this interview. I'm sure even Bill realizes that Bono could wipe the floor w/ him in any debate situation :D

I'm sure as w/ all other interviews, Bono will be completely charming, polite, and well-informed..

meh, i personally don't know why bono would give that piece of crap the time of day.

HelloAngel said:

I hope this debate/convo goes well - it's pretty darn close to the single to start possibly alienating fans of either political party.

What would give anyone the impression that he would decide to take sides in this election, at this time? At the RNC of all places, 2 months before the album comes out. Doesn't make any sense at all. Don't worry, it's not going to happen.

It's going to be about Africa. O'Reilly is going to challenge him on why Americans should spend more of their tax dollars in Africa if they are going to be wasted. Bono will respond etc, it should be great stuff.

Bono's doing the show for exposure of this issues. FOX is putting Bono on the air because he's about the biggest non-political name they can get to boost their ratings.

I actually think O'Reilly is going to be surprised and maybe somewhat even shocked by Bono. O'Reilly thought Affleck was impressive for goodness sakes. He might just try to get Bono to run for office. :)

Wow...I am so excited about this...almost giddy.

I would love to see a heated debate between Bono and Bill.

Me too, Hitman - because we all know who would emerge the victor! :yes:

The person with the better ideas AND the person who has the EXPERIENCE to stand behind his ideas.:up:

And that certainly ain't O'Reilly! :laugh:

Bono will do JUST FINE on Weds. night.

I have EVERY CONFIDENCE IN HIM. He is walking with TRUTH and JUSTICE on his side. :bono: :love: :angel: :hug:

Rachel D. said:

Only a liberal would have so much hate to purposely miss a show with Bono in it because it's "right-wing" or whatever.

That's a stupid F:censored:g statement.

I don't know if I can stand to watch it either. I can just imagine BO fawning over Bono about how much good Bush has done for AIDS (talk not action).

Rachel D. said:

Only a liberal would have so much hate to purposely miss a show with Bono in it because it's "right-wing" or whatever.

And you made this statement because you know Martha so well, right?

Believe it or not, there are some people who who aren't compelled to watch something, read something or listen to something just because Bono is involved.

Oregoropa said:
For what specific reason is O'Reilly a piece of crap ?

do you really need an explanation? oh well, if you haven't been able to figure it out for yourself already, here's some reading material for you. :)

http://mediamatters.org/items/200408250007

http://mediamatters.org/items/200408260003

http://mediamatters.org/items/200408160003

http://mediamatters.org/items/200407280005

http://mediamatters.org/items/200407280010

if you need any more proof, let me know, i'll post more.

Back
Top Bottom