Bono on O'Reilly Factor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
starsgoblue said:
Haha, I love the "when a rock star has to put on a suit you know something's wrong part"! That was perfection. Thanks BrazillianFly!

Ok, who's next!? :eyebrow:

That was great BrazilianFly!

I sent an e-mail tonight too. Basically, I encouraged Bill O'Reilly to start spreading the word and get the emergency on the news more.

I also voted on the 1% GNP for AIDS poll. I was very disappointed at the results. :(

Thanks for the inspiration starsgoblue. :up:

BostonAnne said:

That was great BrazilianFly!

I sent an e-mail tonight too. Basically, I encouraged Bill O'Reilly to start spreading the word and get the emergency on the news more.

I also voted on the 1% GNP for AIDS poll. I was very disappointed at the results. :(

Thanks for the inspiration starsgoblue. :up:

Thanks for listening BostonAnne! Love your avatar...I can remember when that happened to your daughter like it was yesterday! It was my first (but not to be the last) U2 concert and it was by far the best concert ever (and I've been to alot)!

Ok...now serving #3. Who's next? :eyebrow:

starsgoblue said:

:rolleyes: Leave it to Fox to take such a complex subject and boil it down to such a simplistic poll.

Also, the channel of geniuses has a grammatical error in the poll: They use the contraction it's when it should be the possessive its. :der:

To paraphrase many of their viewers: "Speak English!!" :mad:

martha said:

:rolleyes: Leave it to Fox to take such a complex subject and boil it down to such a simplistic poll.

Also, the channel of geniuses has a grammatical error in the poll: They use the contraction it's when it should be the possessive its. :der:

To paraphrase many of their viewers: "Speak English!!" :mad:

True. But thanks for voting on the poll. Did ya send an email too? I would like to annoy the %*@# outta O'Reilly and have him be bombarded by U2 fans! Now that'd make an interesting news story....

Ok...who's next! They're still taking emails about this over there. :eyebrow:

I missed this discussion yesterday, so I've taken the time to vote in the Fox News poll and will email O'Reilly over this weekend. :wink:

It's important that people remember that EVERY VOICE COUNTS as EVERY VOTE COUNTS, so we should always take the time to show our support, especially when it comes to the fight against Global AIDS and Justice for the Poor in our world. :up:

I'm sure that the B-man would be very glad to know that we take the time to support him in his struggle for Africa's Future. :hug:

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU'RE DREAMING. IT'S WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO. :bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

I voted on the poll and sent an email just now. Thank you for inspiring me to do that, starsgoblue! I wish more people would read this thread and start bombarding O'Reilly with e-mails.

I hope Fox don't mind that I'm not an American. :ohmy:

I mean, we all care about Africa and the U.S. leading the way. My country, Denmark, and Sweden spend almost 1 percent of our gross domestic product for foreign aid, but it would make a bigger difference if the U.S. and other wealthy countries would do that, as well. And Bono is right when he says that it would change the image of the U.S. in the world. Basically, that is what I said in my e-mail.

But I love your email BrazillianFly!! Now I will really start to get worried, if I see Bono one day, not just with a suit, but with a tie, also. :wink:

ditte said:
I voted on the poll and sent an email just now. Thank you for inspiring me to do that, starsgoblue! I wish more people would read this thread and start bombarding O'Reilly with e-mails.

Thank you Ditte!! For those of you coming late....we're emailing the poll about Bono's interview and O'Reilly's email too. We're telling them that this AIDS emergency IS something that we care about and we do support what Bono is trying to do. We're also asking that more coverage is given to this topic, as Bono himself said, "This is the biggest health crisis in 600 years but it's not on the news" speakout@foxnews.com & oreilly@foxnews.com

This is a great chance for U2 fans to prove that they are the best fans! And give a little something back to the man who has given us so much of himself!

"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values. I'm not interested in politics like people fighting back with sticks and stones, but in the politics of love." ~Bono

Who's next!? :eyebrow:

Last edited:
Ok, lol....since I remember someone on this thread describing themselves as "a lazy bastard" I'm going to give you a sample letter! Just cut and paste and send it on its way, don't forget to type your name at least! speakout@foxnews.com Here it is, get cutting & pasting:

Very thankful to have had the oppurtunity to see a man that I respect talk about an emergency that I take very personally. Bono's interview was fantastic and he is absolutley right in saying that this is not a cause....it's an emergency!

12 million African children have already lost one or both parents to AIDS, and unless things change around, there will be more than 20 million AIDS orphans by the end of the decade! Can you imagine being born with a death sentence hanging over your head? Businesses are losing their workers, governments are losing their civil servants, families are losing their breadwinners. As a result, entire communities are devastated and economies that are already crippled are affected even more so. ---There is something about 6500 people a day dying because they were born in the wrong geographical area that does not sit well with me at all.---

While the moral case stands alone as a reason to act, richer countries also have economic and security reasons to fight this emergency. Just look at Afghanistan, this devastated place has become breeding grounds for terrorists. Acting now to stop the spread of AIDS, is not just the moral thing to do?it's the practical thing. This is a wonderful chance for America to show that we really do believe that human life is an inallienable right and can be pursued with liberty and justice! Give Africa the 1% GDP and not a penny less.

-A supporter of the 'Man In Shades'

Would it help starting a new thread with a new title or whatever you call it?... cause people may think we are just still discussing the interview here :scratch:

I would have thought more people would like to get involved here :help:

I love your energy, starsgoblue!

ditte said:
Would it help starting a new thread with a new title or whatever you call it?... cause people may think we are just still discussing the interview here :scratch:

:up:

ditte said:

Good idea Ditte, I'm going to start a new thread!

Back
Top Bottom