Bono on Larry King Tonight, 10/13/06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nightsong said:
I thought the question was out of place too but Bobby handled it well and definitely got his point across.

I felt sorry for Bobby Shriver when Larry talked about the movie "Bobby" at the end.

Larry King: "Bobby, I just saw this incredible movie - about the last day of your uncle's life!"

:|

I think that's the boneheaded moment you were talking about, corianderstem

Besides that, I thought it was a good program.

Last edited:
sue4u2 said:

Really?? Your local channel or cable must not be showing the game.

well, in this particular instance it came down to whether Oprah is on the Fox affiliate in your area. Since Fox carries the baseball playoffs. I got lucky being that Oprah is on the ABC affiliate here.

That Mark Foley question was just :huh:

U2DMfan said:

well, in this particular instance it came down to whether Oprah is on the Fox affiliate in your area. Since Fox carries the baseball playoffs. I got lucky being that Oprah is on the ABC affiliate here.

That Mark Foley question was just :huh:

Ah yes, I loose sight of how all these network's - work sometime's.

And I thought LK would get through the report without making some inane comment. :eyebrow:
I was wrong. and their hesitation's prove that LK should stop talking or not talk ..while he's ahead..

The only thing that pissed me off about the interview was the Larry seemed to keep cutting in before Bono or Bobby were done answering the question at hand.

And I caught the Brian Williams airing since it was in the last 5 minutes of his broadcast, and I was taping Larry King, so I only had to switch back and rewind the last 5 of LK

Lila64 said:
The only thing that pissed me off about the interview was the Larry seemed to keep cutting in before Bono or Bobby were done answering the question at hand.

And I caught the Brian Williams airing since it was in the last 5 minutes of his broadcast, and I was taping Larry King, so I only had to switch back and rewind the last 5 of LK

I did the same thing!!

Both shows were excellent. I loved the LK interview because they did get to speak alot about the campaign, even with the interruptions ect... Keep in mind when you do a remote interview like that ( host in one city and you in another) it's hard to time your responses. I know Larry cut Bono off a time or two but he also gave him ample time to speak by asking him specific questions, bone-headed or not and any time Bono gets to speak, it's all good for me! And how cool is BOBBY SHRIVER??!! We can all thank this man, as Bono does for the doors he has opened for him to lobby in Washington and elsewhere to do all these great works! The Kennedy/Shriver clan are to be commended as much as BONO!! What a great team they are, and I love when he said Eunice Kennedy Shriver ( Bobby's wonderful mother) is one of the greatest women he has ever known outside of his own family. ( or something close to that) That speaks volumes. She is incredible,
The Special Olympics was such a great idea! Just simply amazing and so INSPIRING to not only our country but the whole world!!
And The Peace Corps, and Head Start and it just goes on and on....

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

I felt sorry for Bobby Shriver when Larry talked about the movie "Bobby" at the end.

Larry King: "Bobby, I just saw this incredible movie - about the last day of your uncle's life!"

:|

I think that's the boneheaded moment you were talking about, corianderstem

Larry King is quite a bonehead interviewer. He's my least favorite.

Larry King is really annoying, but he's tolerable at most.

Oprah on the other hand... BLAGGGHHH. One of my least favorite people on this planet. She's so obnoxious.

I THOUGHT I heard a "fuck" slip through. Ha!

Larry was pretty tolerable last night, other than that comment about the "Bobby" movie.

Maybe he does better when the guests aren't in the same studio as him. :wink:

Larry was asking him about meeting with the President on Air Force One, and Bono explained that the reason they had an impromptu meeting was because airspace was temporarily shut down, because the President was about to take off, and as a result, Bono's plane couldn't leave. So Bono said that he went "Fuck it, let's go talk to him."

Ahhh ok I just rewatched my recording and it's been removed! I recorded the replay because I wasn't home for the live broadcast, and the sound goes out right there.

What time in the broadcast was it (approx)? I have the original one taped on my Tivo machine. I want to go back and catch that!

Ok, I will check it out later, thanks. I saw it the first time when it aired live, just missed the comment.

bonocomet said:
Ahhh ok I just rewatched my recording and it's been removed! I recorded the replay because I wasn't home for the live broadcast, and the sound goes out right there.

I just watched the original recording and I couldn't hear it. There's definitely a stutter of some sort, but I can't tell if it was on time delay and edited out or not. Pretty cool that he was able to get the attention of Dubya for a few minutes on the tarmac.

I was suprised at what an average Joe Bobby Shriver was considering his pedigree. Seemed to be really genuine and while I found his lack of eye contact during the interview irritating at first, it eventually translated into someone being pretty humbled by what he was involved in.

Back
Top Bottom