Bono on Ellen Tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome, CanesGirl! :wave: Now that you've posted, you're hooked! :wink:

Welcome to the blue crack, CanesGirl! :wave: You'll love it here.

Ellen's interaction w/ Bono was pretty short, but awesome. She was playing the harmonica, trying to get him to notice her. Very hilarious! She was playing and singing Beautiful Day, and moving around like he does. It cracked me up. :D

Most of the show was with Madonna, and some rapper guy, I think it was Nelly. Not sure though.

I was hoping for something more like an interview, but it was still fun to see.
I never watch Ellen. I like her a lot as a comedian, but I don't know how I feel about her talkshow style.
She is damned funny though...

It really seemed a lot of the musicians did *not* appreciate her cameras and schtick lol!
Edge gave her a great shameonyou look when she came into his rehearsing with Bonnie Raitt and co. It must have felt like an annoying invasion and he clearly did *not* approve! She was funny joking that now she's wrecked her chances...

Bono too seemed reluctant to come over to the cameras (he seemed to be engaged in display construction?!) when she was singing and pretending to be him, but then he softened and gave her a fun bit of tape playing along; it was sweet. and yes, tape of Bono walking :drool:
cheers!

and thanks for the link CanesGirl:wave:

I wouldn't be surprised of Bono doesn't carry any cash on him. Freddie Mercury once said that he didn't carry money and that if he wanted something he would just have one of the members of their staff to buy it for him.

So I gues it really is "sucha a rockstar thing."

ShellBeThere said:
I was hoping for something more like an interview, but it was still fun to see.
I never watch Ellen. I like her a lot as a comedian, but I don't know how I feel about her talkshow style.
She is damned funny though...

It really seemed a lot of the musicians did *not* appreciate her cameras and schtick lol!
Edge gave her a great shameonyou look when she came into his rehearsing with Bonnie Raitt and co. It must have felt like an annoying invasion and he clearly did *not* approve! She was funny joking that now she's wrecked her chances...

Bono too seemed reluctant to come over to the cameras (he seemed to be engaged in display construction?!) when she was singing and pretending to be him, but then he softened and gave her a fun bit of tape playing along; it was sweet. and yes, tape of Bono walking :drool:
cheers!

and thanks for the link CanesGirl:wave:

I agree! I said I thought Bono wasn't nice to her in another thread and got called on it. He was POLITE to her I guess but he was definitely not into it like he can be with other interviews. (He was signing items for the Grammy auctions BTW). I also thought Edge looked downright pissed when she walked into the rehearsal for the New Orleans thing for the end!

And while I loved the tape of him walking away, I think it was done by Ellen's people to almost -dare I say- make him look bad for not giving her any money?!

Thank you for your take on it- I thought I was losing my grip on Bono!

Back
Top Bottom