Bono on cover of Time mag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lady lemonade

Acrobat
Here's the link to see the pic (right hand corner): http://www.time.com/time

*runs to go get her copy*

------------------
Get your head out of the mud baby...

All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.--Bono

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

rtcover_030402.gif
Thanks Lady Lemonade for the tip...I had just finished reading the article online, but didn't realize that Bono was on the front page. He is so deserving of this honor for all that he is doing for the cause of debt relief, AIDS work in Africa, and the other organizations he and U2 have been involved with.

Chris

[This message has been edited by spanisheyes (edited 02-24-2002).]

that is far out, i wont read the article online until i buy meself a lovely copy.

------------------
-deathbear

This is why I love Interference.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

This is bigtime! The Cover Of Time Magazine. Almost 15 years to the date the band was on the cover in 1987! Go Bono and U2!

Awesome!!

------------------
Love will make you mine...
Creep up from behind...
Get you jumping out of your skin...
Angel, it's sink or swim.

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Armed with his quick grad-school tutorial on debt relief, Bono began using his fame to lobby politicians, even those who may not have known exactly who he was. "I'll never forget one day during my Administration," says former President Bill Clinton, "[Treasury] Secretary [Lawrence] Summers comes in to my office and says, 'You know, some guy just came in to see me in jeans and a T shirt, and he just had one name, but he sure was smart. Do you know anything about him?'"

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

does anyone else think paul mcg. is in bed with aol-tw for giving so much bono/U2 coverage?

I think this is interesting:

"Bono did something recently that he probably shouldn't have done," says drummer Larry
Mullen Jr. "He did a book as a favor for a friend of his in Ireland that 'explained' all the lyrics. I think that was a mistake because one of the most valuable things about his lyrics is that you can adapt them to any particular situation."

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by david:
I think this is interesting:

"Bono did something recently that he probably shouldn't have done," says drummer Larry
Mullen Jr. "He did a book as a favor for a friend of his in Ireland that 'explained' all the lyrics. I think that was a mistake because one of the most valuable things about his lyrics is that you can adapt them to any particular situation."

Is that the Nial Stokes, "Into the Heart" book?

CK

Originally posted by TheU2:

Is that the Nial Stokes, "Into the Heart" book?

CK

haha well then if it is then it's the book i have been looking for.

------------------

that's a great article in there, but i sure hope that Bono quits smoking soon...

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

frown.gif
Just went to Walgreens, Barnes and Nobles, and then Albertsons....nothing on the stands yet!
ARGH! CAN'T WAIT til tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom