Bono on Comic Relief

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Bono made a brief appearance on a comedy sketch with Ricky Gervais (wrote the original The Office), Bob Geldof, Jaime oliver on BBC1 fund raising programme.

On another note, no one in their right mind can critiscise Bono for giving the ppl of africa a voice after seeing this programe. Its heartbreaking stuff!

gman said:
On another note, no one in their right mind can critiscise Bono for giving the ppl of africa a voice after seeing this programe. Its heartbreaking stuff!

it is heartbreaking.
the Ant and Dec bit at the beginning was overwhelming :(

i just donated £30 to Comic Reflief.

Yer right waynetravis. Good on ya for the donation. Makes ya sick that the government can talk of replacing nuclear weapons (just keep the ones they got, still do the same damage wen all is sed and done) at a cost of £25billion wen there is suffering like this going on.

OMG!!! I never even knew about this sketch and then i just started screaming and going crazy when Bono was behind that guys' face!!!! :ohmy: :dance: :faint: :combust: :rockon:

i gave £1.50 tonight in the pub for bingo( went to comic relief )

HILARE! singles collection in the shops.

"Edge, fancy a pint?"

Last edited:
fear_nothing said:
It's moments like this, that make me wish I didn't live in the states. :(
Last time I was honestly able to see Bono on TV was in Sept. for the Saints pre-game show.

:wink: Last time I saw Bono on tv was with the whole dutch/irish Tax debacle.... so don't think of yourself as unlucky!

:laugh: Omg that was funny! Since I already knew Bono's face was supposed to be in it Thanks a Lot! i spent the rest of that comic skit looking for Bono's face!! lol!:wink:

Galeongirl said:
:applaud: Pure brilliance!

Is that a tramp? oh no, it's Sir Bob Geldof

:lmao:

:lol: I loved that bit too. I also thought Jamie Oliver's "Fat chavs" line was brilliant as was Andi Peters' appearance :lmao:

The Africa films were tragic but I found some of the UK films awful too. How do those kids who care for their parents cope? :(

VERY FUNNY STUFF, Gervais is unbelievable (i guess he wrote/thought up the skit)....the dialogue was perfect for each of these guys and "lady Edge":lol:

fave parts besides Bono...

Hug in a mug
I Still don't like mondays
turkey twizzler
the deodorant bit
The Boomtown Rats would still be around in 1985...hahaha

Back
Top Bottom