Bono on CNN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right after the commercial break right now CNn is going to air a story on bono's trip to africa

If your near a tv now and you get cnn check it out

Thanks .
Caught it -thx to you.
Plus the girl from CNN gets to go on the trip and give reports.
I think Bono likes her since she interviewed him before.
He said he was impressed w her journalistic skills in that interview.

diamond

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

[This message has been edited by diamond (edited 05-17-2002).]

Thanx, i also caught it thanx to you
smile.gif

I know she sure likes Bono! Did you see her trying to hold in her big smile as she discussed traveling with him? When her co-anchor asked her how much access she'd have to Bono, she grinned and said, well, I will be on the same plane and go everywhere he goes! So the guy says, "so you'll be able to tell us if he snores!" She blushed and smirked and said, "well I don't know if I'll get a chance to do that, but I'm sure if he does, he snores in tune!"
biggrin.gif

yay! bono press coverage!!! woohoo!

and come on, what female *alive* doesn't love bono?
wink.gif

thanks for the update!

yeah, she sure likes Bono, she was all smilies
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
The more you take the less you feel
The less you know the more you believe
The more you have the more it takes today

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
So the guy says, "so you'll be able to tell us if he snores!" She blushed and smirked and said, "well I don't know if I'll get a chance to do that, but I'm sure if he does, he snores in tune!"
biggrin.gif

LOLL!!

this should be good... i just hope it doesn't come across as a joke or as a "promotional" thing for Bono, yknow? I'm hoping the seriousness of the issues weigh through.. at least we know Bono understand the potential of that happening and will most likely encourage that seriousness to be shown.

------------------
To drink it slow I can't let you go

*U2 Take Me Higher*

Can anyone please tell me-was it Daryn?

kagan.daryn.jpg

------------------
~Your insults and your curses make me feel like I'm not a person~
~The more people I meet the more I like my dog~

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Can anyone please tell me-was it Daryn?

kagan.daryn.jpg

well, she's bono's type... dark hair, dark eyes. he probably flirts with her, which is why she gets all giddy.
wink.gif

I am excited at the press coverage that this trip is getting , but I am skeptical at the same time.

Our media in the US is so manipulative. I hope they don't turn this whole thing into a circus and forget about the real issue.

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
That's her all right- damn her!
wink.gif

I find her to be very sexy!!

By the way, why the hell does Bono always lean over and never sit straight during interviews? He comes across as a pompous ass!!!!

Originally posted by MBH:
By the way, why the hell does Bono always lean over and never sit straight during interviews? He comes across as a pompous ass!!!!

Maybe he has poor posture. Maybe he is shy. Maybe it doesn't matter.

Are you sure pompous is the word you're looking for?

pom?pous [p?mpss ] adjective

1. self-important: having an excessive sense of self-importance, usually displayed through exaggerated seriousness or stateliness in speech or manner

Leaning over (to the side, forward, backward? which one?) doesn't really strike me as stately or serious. But anyway.

------------------
I used to think
As birds take wing
They sing through life so why can't we?

?Poetry doesn?t belong to those who write it; it belongs to those who need it.?

Originally posted by martha:
Have you noticed that when women interview Bono, they get all silly and smiley? They can't help it.

Yeah, when I talk to girls they get that way , but when I talk to Bono I get that way too
confused.gif

[This message has been edited by z edge (edited 05-17-2002).]

I find her to be very sexy!!

Yes, she is sexy but what does leaning over and not sitting straight have in common with being a pompous ass? Lot's of people have nervous habits that may be considered socially uncool or even bad manners but that doesn't make you pompous or an ass.

I have trouble sustaining eye contact with someone I don't know very well and some people interpret that as standoffish or conceited but I'm not either of those things.

Maybe he's just uncomfortable in an interview as evidenced by the way he tends to stammer and lose his train of thought. He can articulate himself beautifully in song but I have noticed that when he is interviwed on camera, he doesn't appear very comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom