Bono on Celebrity Deathmatch Tues. 8/2 5:00 a.m.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*browneyedgirl*

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Bono on MTV2 Celebrity Deathmatch Tues. 8/2 5:00 a.m.

Woops! I put this in the Verigo tour thread too! Who's a big ditz?
This was on rockontv.com yet again. MTV2. It says Fabio vs Bono vs Yoko Ono? :huh: Also Paul Hogan vs Mel Gibson and Antonio Banderas vs Cheech Marin. I've never seen this. I hope Bono wins.

Last edited:
This is like 6 or 7 years old. I don't think CDM is even showing new episodes anymore. It was big in the late 90s.

Re: Bono on MTV2 Celebrity Deathmatch Tues. 8/2 5:00 a.m.

I know it's an old rerun. I just thought maybe someone hasn't seen it or wanted to watch it again.

Axver said:
Celebrity Death Match? What the zark?

Do you know what Claymation is? In the late 90s MTV had this show Celebrity Death Match, where each episode claymation-generated characatures of two celebrities would have a death match. One usually ended up killing the other by way of blowing him/her up or mutilating him/her, etc. These are claymation models, mind you, not the real people. All claymation-generated characters have voice-overs, just like a cartoon would. It was a funny show. I know the way I just explained it probably makes it sound horrible, but it was quite amusing. There were also claymation-generated announcers doing play-by-play for the fight. So the claymation announcers would announce the fight in a way such that the celebrities being depicted would get mocked as much as possible, and the claymation celebrities would mock each other also while fighting. In all, it was a satire of celebrities crossed with a satire of boxing, all done in a claymation world. It was better than it sounds.

namkcuR said:

Do you know what Claymation is? In the late 90s MTV had this show Celebrity Death Match, where each episode claymation-generated characatures of two celebrities would have a death match. One usually ended up killing the other by way of blowing him/her up or mutilating him/her, etc. These are claymation models, mind you, not the real people. All claymation-generated characters have voice-overs, just like a cartoon would. It was a funny show. I know the way I just explained it probably makes it sound horrible, but it was quite amusing. There were also claymation-generated announcers doing play-by-play for the fight. So the claymation announcers would announce the fight in a way such that the celebrities being depicted would get mocked as much as possible, and the claymation celebrities would mock each other also while fighting. In all, it was a satire of celebrities crossed with a satire of boxing, all done in a claymation world. It was better than it sounds.

Claymation is pretty cool, and I'd be interested in seeing this! I wonder if it shows in Australia ... well, I suppose I'm a few years too late anyway.

namkcuR said:

Good explanation!:applaud:

The time is EST.
I forgot to put that. :reject:

Axver said:

Claymation is pretty cool, and I'd be interested in seeing this! I wonder if it shows in Australia ... well, I suppose I'm a few years too late anyway.

I read that they'll be airing new eps here on MTV2 soon, so you might get those in Oz. It's a slightly entertaining show, and they usually come with some obscure references and facts for the characters. :wink:

Here's some more info about it.

Match 1: Paul Hogan vs Mel Gibson

Match 2: Antonio Banderas vs Cheech Marin

Main Bout: Fabio vs Bono vs Yoko Ono

It comes on again at 5:30 a.m. EST.

Back
Top Bottom