Bono not inluded in Times Top 100 most influential?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Halifax

The Fly
Has anyone picked up of read this years Time Magazine "100 Most Influential People"?

Why isn't Bono on the list? Not only has his music sold millions of albums and influenced a generation of musicians, but also the DATA campaign, the crusade against AID's in Africa and dept cancellation, the world leaders he met and gained the respect along the way, being involved in the Davos Economic Forum with Clinton, his nomination for World Bacnk Prez and a world tour that's just recently kicked off in San Diego.

Heck, he is more influential the Hilary Sank (who has included in the list). Great actress, yes, but influential? No way to the extent Bono is!

Yeah - I was gonna post sth on this the other day, but wasnt sure if someone already had.
I found out in 'The Sun' over here a few days ago. And to see some of the ppl that HAVE made the list...it's quite ridiculous imo.

Who is no.1 btw?

Aardvark747 said:
Yeah - I was gonna post sth on this the other day, but wasnt sure if someone already had.
I found out in 'The Sun' over here a few days ago. And to see some of the ppl that HAVE made the list...it's quite ridiculous imo.

Who is no.1 btw?

The list wasn't ranked. It just simply listed the most influential (or "influential" according to some of the entires in the list) people of the world.

We already know how "influential" Bono is in the world ...
IMO ... we DON'T need a list from a magazine to tell us that !!
Especially because ... no one is going to agree with who's on this
"stupid" list, anyway !!

MsMofoGone said:
We already know how "influential" Bono is in the world ...
IMO ... we DON'T need a list from a magazine to tell us that !!
Especially because ... no one is going to agree with who's on this
"stupid" list, anyway !!

Yes any list that has ever been created, is allways someones opinion. I am sure we could name plenty of other people that would have been more influential.

Am I the only one that is happy about it?
:reject:
At least it wont give U2/Bono haters another argument to complain...
I'm realy tired of - mostly right-wing, sorry - journalists luaghing at Bono's work...:tsk:

It's difficult for the Time board to really reach out. They spend a great portion of each news meeting deciding which Jesus cover they're going to run next. Time has it tough. They have to run a new cover story on Jesus every other month! But which angle to take? Mary Magdalene? Yes! Let's shine our spotlight on her!

Like the New York Times, Time magazine is now defunct. Dead batteries. Out like a light. Done.

How can they possibly have time to keep track of Bono? The End Times are near, after all. The End Times are near.

As U2 fans, do we REALLY care if Bono makes those lists?? It's nice to see other people appreciate him, but regardless of what "outsiders" think - the guy's #1 in my book. And I'm certain I'm not the only Inter-Freak ( :D ) to think so. :up:

Went from being on the cover of TIME magazine to not even being on this list quite funny really.

Hi!

Perhaps they just did not have a current photo of Bono.....perhaps we could have PLEBA send them one to include? :shrug:

carol
wizard2c
:|

Re: reply

wizard2c said:
Hi!

Perhaps they just did not have a current photo of Bono.....perhaps we could have PLEBA send them one to include? :shrug:

What???...... oh I get it. You're kidding.
:rolleyes:

Anyway, I agree with bathiu that it's good he's not on this list. He gets waaaaay too much hype by the media anyway.

Makes you wonder who these people are that choose the top 100, doesn't it. Well, hey we know he should have been on it...........and he's on "our" top of the list

:rant:

Back
Top Bottom