Bono -Nobody Does It Better

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blm

New Yorker
Here's my rant for the day......

He inspires us to do something, anything.

Don't tell me he should give away his fortunes-it's not only about money. And no one knows what he does privately.

His time and the words he speaks are so important these days, in a time of dissension.

I know there are other famous people doing wonderful things,
BUT, what other celebrities, when in town, make him or herself available to their fans the way Bono does. He spreads social awareness, joy, compassion and laughs everywhere he goes. He is truly one in a million.

He has made such an impact on the world. It doesn't matter that he is not American born.

Do you feel the same? (about his non u2 activities)

Last edited:
I DON'T mean "How do you feel that he is not American born ".

Because he speaks a lot here, many people complain since he's from Ireland, he shouldn't comment about America's gov't and such.

blm said:
I DON'T mean "How do you feel that he is not American born ".

Because he speaks a lot here, many people complain since he's from Ireland, he shouldn't comment about America's gov't and such.

Oh I see. Well, I suppose since you are the most powerful country in the World what USA does influences the rest of us so there you go, it's our business also. (not to speak about the US government's decisions to go to war and we (UK and Italy) following like sheep, that does influence the rest of us!)

blm said:

Surely you lie:wink: :ohmy:

The Edge has all kinds of cool guitars

and he's BALD!!!

and bald people rock :cool:

patrick%20stewart.jpg

xaviMF22 said:

The Edge has all kinds of cool guitars

and he's BALD!!!

and bald people rock :cool:

patrick%20stewart.jpg

TRUE.
Telly Savalas and Yul Brynner were bald. (do you know them?)
Bono was almost bald for awhile.
Are you bald?
Shiny heads are a good thing.:yes: :D

When I read the title of this thread

Bono - Nobody does "it" better

I was thinking of, errrm, something else.

:uhoh:

(besides: how would you know? :wink: )

LOL, I like the fact that lots of people thought that Bono was going to cover "Nobody does it better"... it shows we are expecting everything...with all the news circulating these days on Bono...:ohmy:

edurban said:

I had to go on Wikipedia to understand (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwn) and I still don't understand!:eyebrow:
and Ms Purl:

To put it simply-
I take it to mean that someone has a "one up" on the person.
Basically, someone is "better" than that person in whatever the topic is, that is being discussed.

I agree, it is interesting to see what comes to mind when Bono is being discussed.
:wink:

blm said:

and Ms Purl:

To put it simply-
I take it to mean that someone has a "one up" on the person.
Basically, someone is "better" than that person in whatever the topic is, that is being discussed.

I agree, it is interesting to see what comes to mind when Bono is being discussed.
:wink:

Pwnage is just way more kickass guys.:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom