Bono- New Rolling Stone interview

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
david said:
The new issue with this interview came in the mail today!

The new issue is another one of their 40th anniversary issue things that they've been doing.

is there anything more to the interview? or is that a full transcript on the website?

akann said:

Thank you so much for trying, I wish you hadn't had gone through all that trouble... I can live without the upload as well but will keep on looking online...might eventually resurface. Thanks once again...

It was no problem really. If either of you ever change your mind just give me a shout, and I'll put it on a disc for you. :wave:

blm said:

Why the hate for RS, just wondering.....

probably for the opposite reasons that david likes RS :wink:

Seriously they are way too political for me. RS is to a music publication what MTV is to music videos, if you switch the politics for reality shows that is. I dont really have a problem with thier viewpoints as much as i just dont like it being shoved down my throat every time i pick up a magazine. If they would concentrate more on music, artists, and concert reviews instead of being a cross between perezhilton gossip and Jann S. Wenner's wet dreams then i might like them better.

And i liked the magazine better in the early to mid 90's than i do now.

david said:
But lately I've been enjoying RS for their political articles and some great articles on bands and such.

Plus they had an awesome 40 anniversary issue of the year 1967 which was awesome as well.

:up: :up:

precisely why I like it. Because OF the mix of politics and music.
They've always gone together well and I've lived long enough to love the anniversary specials because I attended alot of the concerts... :wink:
as far as the britney's and other such articles - I don't have to read if they don't interest me.

sue4u2 said:

:up: :up:

precisely why I like it. Because OF the mix of politics and music.
They've always gone together well and I've lived long enough to love the anniversary specials because I attended alot of the concerts... :wink:
as far as the britney's and other such articles - I don't have to read if they don't interest me.

yeah, and in the issue i got today is a bunch of great interviews with relevant artists and musicians and other people about the state of the world at this time...

plus the questions to musicians about the the current state of music and the internet and how it affects them.

RS used to be a fine magazine, and a big part of that was their in-depth political articles. They were never strictly a music magazine. They were born out of the counterculture of the sixties

The minute they started chopping into the lengthier pieces for dumbed-down par-tay blurbs about beautiful people, I checked out. I'm not even sure why print music magazines exist anymore...

Regarding Bono's lack of coverage of his musical endeavors, who cares? For one, he is passionate about his causes and wants to get the word out via the mainstream press. Secondly, he speaks in bullshit code. Do we really need to hear him say that the Edge is on fire? The man just frustrates you. Don't look to him for your tidbits.

It is the Nov 15th 2007 issue (#1039)
It's got a very shiny blue & gold cover with a close up of the R and O from their logo as it's cover.

And for Dorian Gray: Yes that is the entire article exactly in the magazine as it appears on the website.

(There is also another small pic of Bono in Africa, but it's nothing new.)

bonocomet said:
It is the Nov 15th 2007 issue (#1039)
It's got a very shiny blue & gold cover with a close up of the R and O from their logo as it's cover.

That's the only reason it pisses me off is because I usually hear and read articles before I receive the mag.
Even though I'm a subscriber, I still read articles from here before I recieve my magazine.
RS only tells me they send out the subscribers after it's out on the shelves.
still haven't received the issue being discussed.. yet...:madspit:

That happens with other magazines too, my daughter gets one that drives her nuts like that, but it probably has to do with mail dlivery too.

This was the only other Bono quote I saw in the magazine that wasn't on the website.

RSnov2007inset.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom