Bono- New Rolling Stone interview

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Danny Boy said:
Direct link to the audio:

download.rbn.com/rstone/rstone/download/audio/1039-Bono.m p 3

Just take out the spaces in m p 3.

thanks Danny Boy , I was hoping there would be a download .

akann said:
What pisses me off these days with Bono interviews is that 95 percent of the interview will be about world poverty etc, and u2 might only be mentioned on a couple of occasions... I want to know how the new album is coming along and what kind of musical direction they are taking!!

I TOTALLY agree. :tsk:

It's a very good interview, and Bono is a great read on these subjects, but I do agree - hearing him talk about music is a rare thing these days. Would be nice to get the odd U2 interview from him. But then, in this case, it's not really his fault: look at the questions, and I assume they will fit with the overall theme of this 40th Anniv addition, the future etc.

akann said:
What pisses me off these days with Bono interviews is that 95 percent of the interview will be about world poverty etc, and u2 might only be mentioned on a couple of occasions... I want to know how the new album is coming along and what kind of musical direction they are taking!!

yes i agree but when U2 is interviewed individually or as a band, you have to remember that they answer the questions put forth by the interviewer...so you can't blame Bono for talking mostly about poverty, etc. - that is obviously what rolling stone interviewer was most interested in...

there is a really outstanding interview of Bono and Edge called Off the Record, it was shown on HBO and it is all on youtube right now...it's an awesome interview because it focuses primarily on U2 and their music, influences, etc., but all related to their music...they tell really interesting stories and parts of the interview are quite funny..

anyway check it out..it's good!

Rob33 said:

yes i agree but when U2 is interviewed individually or as a band, you have to remember that they answer the questions put forth by the interviewer...so you can't blame Bono for talking mostly about poverty, etc. - that is obviously what rolling stone interviewer was most interested in...

anyway check it out..it's good!

Agreed. I wasn't blaming Bono but rather the people conducting the interviews. The B man can only answer the questions that are asked of him and he does it better than most.
The off the record interview was amazing but being the idiot that I am, I deleted it off my computer when I was reformatting my hard drive and I can't seem to find it online anymore... youtube is the only source that has it but it would be nice to have a copy of it...

I have never, in any interview, felt that Bono loves to talk more about politics than about music, in fact I have always been under the impression that he really opens up emotionally when talking about the music, so I don't think all this almost exclusive political talk is his decision. It's what Rolling Stone seems to be focused on these days. Great read, nevertheless, but I, too, would have loved to have more questions dealing with music in a "music magazine". Great picture, though, better than the one they had on the cover two years ago where they photoshopped away all of his lovely freckles.

akann said:

Agreed. I wasn't blaming Bono but rather the people conducting the interviews. The B man can only answer the questions that are asked of him and he does it better than most.
The off the record interview was amazing but being the idiot that I am, I deleted it off my computer when I was reformatting my hard drive and I can't seem to find it online anymore... youtube is the only source that has it but it would be nice to have a copy of it...

If you would like I can upload it somewhere for you to download to your computer again. It's 546 mb. Just let me know!

I also agree on all the political talk etc. Bono is doing good stuff and i support him in that but it's a shame that these days he seems more known for that then for the musical side.

"I'm not sure the other three in the band know this, because they - maybe sensibly - have avoided that other world. They just think they're in U2, and that's great. But I really know how great it is to be in U2."

yeah,right. bono, you KNOW. shut the hell up and start working on some songs. another proof that bono can talk for hours and still not say anything important. he should be a presidental candidate.
terrible interview.

bonocomet said:
If you would like I can upload it somewhere for you to download to your computer again. It's 546 mb. Just let me know!

I think that would be awesome if you're willing to do that. :up:

Nate Dogg said:
Rolling Stone's website has some of the interview from the next issue. I haven't finished listening to the audio yet, but so far, so good....

17119138-17119141-slarge.jpg

BEAUTIFUL PIC!!!:love: Central Park was WONDERFUL!!!:drool: :drool:

corianderstem said:

I think that would be awesome if you're willing to do that. :up:

No problem :wave: Ok I have it currently uploading to gigasize.com but it will take awhile, hopefully my internet connection won't go out during this and make me start over, I hate it when that happens :uhoh: Anyways I'll post it here when it's ready! :)

Pero said:
"I'm not sure the other three in the band know this, because they - maybe sensibly - have avoided that other world. They just think they're in U2, and that's great. But I really know how great it is to be in U2."

yeah,right. bono, you KNOW. shut the hell up and start working on some songs. another proof that bono can talk for hours and still not say anything important. he should be a presidental candidate.
terrible interview.

:rolleyes:

Rolling Stone was kind of crappy in the late 90's and early 2000's.. But I think that was due to how shitty the mainstream music scene was at the time.. But lately I've been enjoying RS for their political articles and some great articles on bands and such.

Plus they had an awesome 40 anniversary issue of the year 1967 which was awesome as well.

bonocomet said:

That would be great...could you please do so, Cheers...

Actually... does anyone have a good recommendation for a site to upload a 546 mb video file? I have been trying to use gigasize for the last couple hours and it's not going well... :(

Pero said:

terrible interview.

I am sorry but I think someone else needs to shut up here. This, for Bono and a lot of other people, IS important. Maybe more important than talking about an album that isn't finished. What is he supposed to say? Whenever Bono talks about the music they are working on, a lot of people here jump on him and say he's full of shit or he's only talking crap and so on.

These are the questions Bono got asked, so he answered them.

It's not his fault that RS seems to me more focused on politics than music.

It was an okay interview, nothing really new, but I liked the U2 bits and I think he's sincere when talking about his feelings regarding the band.

my opinion is that we should separate bono the singer,the u2 frontman from bono the activist guy who rants about africa and all other problems. not that i don't care about the latter one,just don't like him as much as i like the first guy.

that's my opinion. i think that rolling stone,a MUSIC magazine, shouldn't consider doing interview that's got nothing to do with the music itself

david said:
Plus they had an awesome 40 anniversary issue of the year 1967 which was awesome as well.

Rolling Stone was WAY too many commemorative issues. I feel like every year they're putting out something that's yet another rehash of the 60s.

We get it. You like the old music.

And cut it with the retro acts on the cover - Led Zeppelin? Guns n Roses? yeesh.

Hey akann & corianderstem:

I tried many many times all last night to upload that Off the Record interview to gigasize.com, but every time after about 2 hours the upload would fail and it would say congrats your 0 kb file is uploaded. :grumpy:
I'm really sorry. I am going to see if I can put it on a dvd (been wanting to do that anyway) and then I could either send you the dvd or just the file on a disc by regular mail if you like. Let me know if that's ok, unless someone knows of another site I can try to upload it to.
Once again, sorry!

The new issue with this interview came in the mail today!

The new issue is another one of their 40th anniversary issue things that they've been doing.

david said:
The new issue is another one of their 40th anniversary issue things that they've been doing.

:banghead:

No worries about the upload - I'll live without having it on my PC. Thanks, though! :)

bonocomet said:
Hey akann & corianderstem:

I tried many many times all last night to upload that Off the Record interview to gigasize.com, but every time after about 2 hours the upload would fail and it would say congrats your 0 kb file is uploaded. :grumpy:
I'm really sorry. I am going to see if I can put it on a dvd (been wanting to do that anyway) and then I could either send you the dvd or just the file on a disc by regular mail if you like. Let me know if that's ok, unless someone knows of another site I can try to upload it to.
Once again, sorry!

Thank you so much for trying, I wish you hadn't had gone through all that trouble... I can live without the upload as well but will keep on looking online...might eventually resurface. Thanks once again...

Back
Top Bottom