Bono most important pol these days???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I have seen Bono in pics from meetings with everyone from Putin, to Bush, to Blair, to the Canadian Leader (very sorry - forgot name), to B. Gates, the Pope and other big big names.

It seems the B-man can pretty much sit down with whomever he wants and talk about his topics of interest.

Does this make him one of the most important politicians/activists/etc. on the planet.

If not, my question is, what does make someone the most important.

As a matter of comparison, (and you can call me ignorant for the following but,) I do not know the name of the leader of Ireland, nor have I seen him/her in any photos with any of the major leaders of the world, nor have I heard of any meetings with any of them. At least not recently.

It really just makes my right eyebrow go up in wonder...

I would be hesitant to call Bono a "politician" but would definitely say he is one of the most influential lobbyists for a cause of the last 10-20 years.

Yea Bono!

Bono is the most important pol to me these days. I'm not sure if that is saying much considering we are just talking about me. I'm also not sure that he is exactly a politican - more of a lobbyist.

More importantly though, I think Bono has reached a lot of people in the recent years and made them more aware of the world around them.

What meeganie said
biggrin.gif

He's also the best-looking and most talented lobbyist.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Look for oceans walls/ to gaze upon/ these distance stars/ yeah, these distance suns/ are all the reasons/ are all the reasons/ the only season in my life" -- Neil Halstead
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Originally posted by meegannie:
He's also the best-looking and most talented lobbyist.
biggrin.gif

For sure!
smile.gif
He's good at it, too!

------------------
When you stop taking chances and stay where you sit you won't live any longer but it'll feel like it!

Back
Top Bottom