Bono: lose the tinted shades and the hair.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t8thgr8

War Child
Just saw Conan and I got to thinking that theres something artificial about Bono. He looks like a wax statue of himself, like everyone's just hoping something doesnt fall off. His hair looks wierd and the see thru colored glases make him look old. Not to mention the blazer and the black tapered pants. He just looked so uncomfortable. Has Bono always been like that?

I was going to try to come up with some sort of civilized answer, but I dont have one

:madspit:

:wink:

Hmm, if I dress up like in my sig, and wear some bono shades, then I'll be my own awesome incarnation of bono/thefly/FH

Hmm......

Man, I gotta buy some......

I wonder...... that link at the top of the page is always so tempting.....

:drool:

t8thgr8 said:
Just saw Conan and I got to thinking that theres something artificial about Bono. He looks like a wax statue of himself, like everyone's just hoping something doesnt fall off. His hair looks wierd and the see thru colored glases make him look old. Not to mention the blazer and the black tapered pants. He just looked so uncomfortable. Has Bono always been like that?

Oh right... he looked soooo much better with that shock of blond hair in front during the "War" era with that red leather jacket and ultra-tight pants...or the mullet of the UF era... or the greasy long hair, cumberbund and vest with no shirt and pants tucked into boots look of the JT era (and need I mention the cowboy hat)... or the highly artificial Fly look during the ZOO TV era.... :rolleyes:

This is perhaps the most natural Bono's looked - ever! Yeah, his hair is a bit messy - it's been that way for a while (like 20 years). And he's wearing shades - been doing that for 15 years. And he's now in his mid-40's, so not exactly a young pup.

I don't see anything wrong with his look, but then, maybe that's because I'm in my 40's and also have funky hair. ;)

Miroslava said:
I was going to try to come up with some sort of civilized answer, but I dont have one

:lol:

I thought he looked great and quite comfy actually...
what's with the term 'tapered'? and are you asking whether bono 'always' wears shades?!
You're just messing with us aren't ya?:hmm:

cheerio!

Re: Re: Bono: lose the tinted shades and the hair.

doctorwho said:

...or the mullet of the UF era...

WTF? Are you kidding me!? How dare you insult the mullet! That was Bono's greatest look, hands down.

Has he always been so stiff is what im asking. He just kind of look tight assed and kind of pissed, especially when conan spoke to larry, Bono turned at larry with this mean stern face. And they really weren't into those songs. They started coming around on stuck in a moment.

As for the glasses, I like Bono in shades. But why see thru red or blue wrap-arounds? why not just black? The see thru makes him look so much older.

Obviously, Bono didn't want anyone to notice the 45-foot height differential between himself and Conan.

Not a fan of the shades myself; but whatever. That hair though... It never moves, it's HUGE in the back; it's waaaay too dark for someone his age. It looks... Unnatural. Bono is approaching coif status with that thing.

Aardvark747 said:
His hair is terrible.

I don't have an opinion about Bono's hair at the moment.
I will ponder his hair for an hour or two--sleep on it and then return with my opinion. Serious stuff here and I don't want to make a frivolous comment about something so important.

I think Bono looks great although I would prefer that he wouldn’t wear those shades all the time because he’s got those wonderful blue eyes:love: that I wish I could see all the time.

Matthew_Page2000 said:

I don't have an opinion about Bono's hair at the moment.
I will ponder his hair for an hour or two--sleep on it and then return with my opinion. Serious stuff here and I don't want to make a frivolous comment about something so important.

Snowlock said:
Not a fan of the shades myself; but whatever. That hair though... It never moves, it's HUGE in the back; it's waaaay too dark for someone his age. It looks... Unnatural. Bono is approaching coif status with that thing.

Bono's fast approaching Strolling Bones waxwork stage, if he's not careful. :yes:

blueeyedgirl said:

Bono's fast approaching Strolling Bones waxwork stage, if he's not careful. :yes:

Not from up close... and once the hair is sweaty it is wonderfully soft

I know this is not PLEBA, but this thread was asking for it :angry:

Last edited:
I really don't like the shades, because I love those gorgeous eyes. At least these are see thru so he doesn't look blind! The ones where he stood next to Stevie Wonder at the Grammys made him look blind too. His eyes are too pretty to hide, and whatever purpose they served in the 90's must surely be over by now.

I really don't know why anybody disses his hair. It looks good. It looked especially good last night, looks like a new dye job. It's just the right length and style for his face the way he looks now. He couldn't pull off the JT look again, sadly, and no matter what you say, if he cut all his hair off, or let it go gray, he'd look way older, heavier and less attractive. Having no hair would really draw attention to how much his face has aged. He's just right with what he's doing now, and not only is it what he and Ali like (they have matching 'do's) don't think he doesn't have expert stylist advice too. His hair looks best as it is now. He's a rock star, and he's looking fine, KEEP the hair! :up: :love:

I think the thing that makes him look "old" isn't the shades, but the gray stubble that he sported last night. No biggie.

The shades he can keep, no matter what color...though I would like to see them come off a little more during the shows. Other than that, I think that Bono's looking more comfortable and dapper than he has in a long time. The only two pics that come to mind where he looks more comfy are in Into The Heart---the one where he's in the bandana and Harley Davidson t-shirt playing Trip Through Your Wires for the first time, and the one where he's got the beard & sweater with Ali over his shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom