Bono: lose the tinted shades and the hair. - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-07-2005, 06:55 PM   #76
War Child
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ann arbor mi
Posts: 935
Local Time: 04:13 PM
I know! I hope I hold up half as well as any of them, well...in a womanly way.
The transition from around 40 to around 45 or so is a scary one I'm finding as I approach that phase. Gravity starts being a major player dammit, and the sun really starts to take its toll. Hair issues get nasty; the texture changes the color changes all that even if you're lucking enough to not have thinning.
in short, it kinda just sucks all 'round!
Your metabolism goes to hell and you need to diet just to not gain weight...ah joy!
I just hope I don't get stubble meself!
__________________

__________________
ShellBeThere is offline  
Old 10-07-2005, 07:00 PM   #77
Blue Crack Addict
 
beli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: In a frock in Western Australia
Posts: 15,464
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ShellBeThere
I know! I hope I hold up half as well as any of them, well...in a womanly way.
The transition from around 40 to around 45 or so is a scary one I'm finding as I approach that phase. Gravity starts being a major player dammit, and the sun really starts to take its toll. Hair issues get nasty; the texture changes the color changes all that even if you're lucking enough to not have thinning.
in short, it kinda just sucks all 'round!
Your metabolism goes to hell and you need to diet just to not gain weight...ah joy!
I just hope I don't get stubble meself!
I'm approaching that window as well. I'm about to go on my first ever diet on Monday. Not to lose weight but to try and not put on weight.

PS Theres a typo in my previous post but Im downloading the show so my computer is to sloooooow for me to go back and edit my post.
__________________

__________________
beli is offline  
Old 10-07-2005, 07:01 PM   #78
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 10:13 PM
beli, you hardly post anymore!!!




And about the topic... I haven't read all the replies but I wish Bono would just lose the tinted glasses completely for a change! No shades either. It's time for an image change. He looks too boring.
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 10-07-2005, 07:08 PM   #79
Blue Crack Addict
 
beli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: In a frock in Western Australia
Posts: 15,464
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque
beli, you hardly post anymore!!!




And about the topic... I haven't read all the replies but I wish Bono would just lose the tinted glasses completely for a change! No shades either. It's time for an image change. He looks too boring.
I'm back at work fulltime. :woe: I miss you though

Maybe Bonos image will change with the next album. This album is mainstream and so are their outfits. Actung Baby was a bit "out there" and so where their outfits. Maybe its time to make a jazz album.
__________________
beli is offline  
Old 10-07-2005, 07:14 PM   #80
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by beli


I'm back at work fulltime. :woe: I miss you though
I miss you too. and your funny posts!


Quote:
Originally posted by beli

Maybe its time to make a jazz album.


Kinda like Radiohead's Hunting Bears and Life In A Glass House???
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 10-07-2005, 07:20 PM   #81
Blue Crack Addict
 
beli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: In a frock in Western Australia
Posts: 15,464
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque


Kinda like Radiohead's Hunting Bears and Life In A Glass House???
I don't own any Radiohead albums

I was thinking of 1960s jazz - the tight pants, the black skivvys, pointy shoes.
__________________
beli is offline  
Old 10-07-2005, 07:22 PM   #82
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by beli


I don't own any Radiohead albums

I was thinking of 1960s jazz - the tight pants, the black skivvys, pointy shoes.
The real jazz!!! That's probably the kind they'll go for at this point in their careers... and not the neo-classical experimental jazz of Radiohead!
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 10-07-2005, 07:28 PM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington State
Posts: 3,860
Local Time: 08:13 PM
Bono looks fine to me... but Larry. Good Lord that hair looks horrible.
__________________
shart1780 is offline  
Old 10-07-2005, 07:38 PM   #84
Blue Crack Addict
 
beli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: In a frock in Western Australia
Posts: 15,464
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque


The real jazz!!! That's probably the kind they'll go for at this point in their careers... and not the neo-classical experimental jazz of Radiohead!
I wasn't talking about the music! Just the fashion of jazz! U2 need to make a jazz album so their clothes and hair styles will change. It's all about the prettiness, baby!!1!

PS I do actually like Jazz music.
__________________
beli is offline  
Old 10-07-2005, 07:54 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
biff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I may have lost my way
Posts: 4,014
Local Time: 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by beli


I wasn't talking about the music! Just the fashion of jazz! U2 need to make a jazz album so their clothes and hair styles will change. It's all about the prettiness, baby!!1!

PS I do actually like Jazz music.
That would be a good look. There was a cool, jazzy vibe on much of the MDH soundtrack which I really liked. I wouldn't mind if they explored that further.

And Hi Beli! Isn't it awful being back at work?
__________________
biff is offline  
Old 10-07-2005, 08:22 PM   #86
ONE
love, blood, life
 
BonosBaby12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: East Coast girl living in Chi-Town
Posts: 14,889
Local Time: 02:13 PM
Personally I think Bono looked really good last night. Hell that man could shave his head now and still look HOT to me! hehe. Really though as it was stated before "Bono is Bono". I like the length of his hair thought it looked the best it has in awhile. Wouldn't complain though if his "Beautiful Day" hair cut came back, . As for the glasses he could lose them as he really does have such pretty blue eyes. That has got to be one of his best features! Oh and Miro I keep forgetting to tell you that you looked great dancing with Bono! Honestly at first I thought a crazed fan had gotten up there, . Sorry! hehe
__________________
BonosBaby12 is offline  
Old 10-07-2005, 09:46 PM   #87
War Child
 
amerrydeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 896
Local Time: 03:13 PM
I think Adam looks the best out of all of them now; he doesn't look young, but DAMN he looks good. Bono could lose the shades more often at shows, and keep on with the hairpiece/hair transplant/whatever he does to not look balding as much because without it I die.
__________________
amerrydeath is offline  
Old 10-07-2005, 10:10 PM   #88
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,555
Local Time: 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ShellBeThere

I agree about the sean penn thing liveluvandbootlegmusic! At least that there's more of a resemblance lately...
I found the picture that made me think of Sean Penn...




As for the pic beli posted earlier, that is also my favorite Bono hair (color, length, and style).
__________________
Liesje is offline  
Old 10-07-2005, 10:44 PM   #89
Blue Crack Addict
 
beli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: In a frock in Western Australia
Posts: 15,464
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by biff


That would be a good look. There was a cool, jazzy vibe on much of the MDH soundtrack which I really liked. I wouldn't mind if they explored that further.

And Hi Beli! Isn't it awful being back at work?
Never Let Me Go

The could do jazz. They probably wont because its not likely to give them a Number 1 hit but they have the skills to do it. One day......

Hows youre return to work programme going? I've been late at least twice a week since I went back. lol
__________________
beli is offline  
Old 10-07-2005, 11:20 PM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
biff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I may have lost my way
Posts: 4,014
Local Time: 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by beli


Never Let Me Go

The could do jazz. They probably wont because its not likely to give them a Number 1 hit but they have the skills to do it. One day......

Hows youre return to work programme going? I've been late at least twice a week since I went back. lol
If you check out my "location", you will know how I feel about "Never Let Me Go".

I'm shocked that you've been late to work. You, a scientist!
Slacker!!

I, on the other hand, have become a fascist. I will tolerate no lateness, and yet my students (but only those I deem "worthy") still love and support me. The rest I will consign to hell (or at least to Continuing Education).
__________________

__________________
biff is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com