Bono: lose the tinted shades and the hair.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the way this thread has been hijacked! :up:

U2 doing jazz. :drool: I love the piano bar jazz of the reworked version of If You Wear That Velvet Dress.

biff said:

If you check out my "location", you will know how I feel about "Never Let Me Go".:drool:

I'm shocked that you've been late to work. You, a scientist!
Slacker!!

I, on the other hand, have become a fascist. I will tolerate no lateness, and yet my students (but only those I deem "worthy") still love and support me. The rest I will consign to hell (or at least to Continuing Education).:D

:lol:

Im not a scientist. I'm worse. I'm technically an accountant. I really have no excuse for being late. Especially as I have low tolerance for late people. lol.

Consigned to Continuing Education? :lmao: I know more than a few people who are still at Uni long past their used by date. :uhoh:

I never noticed your location before. :up: Never Let Me Go is one of my favourite "U2" songs. I would love U2 to move outside the mainstream and just make an album for the sheer love of the music. Please? Please? Guys are you reading this?

I think the one that really needs a hair cut is Larry... he's waring some sort of Mullet-extravaganza that doesn't fit the Mullet model, but it still does :confused:

Bono's shades said:
I love the way this thread has been hijacked! :up:

U2 doing jazz. :drool: I love the piano bar jazz of the reworked version of If You Wear That Velvet Dress.

Highjacked? I've never been involved in a thread highjacking in my life.
woe.gif

Jools version of Velvet Dress is cool. Strangely enough I prefer the original. Theres more bass on the original.

beli said:

I would love U2 to move outside the mainstream and just make an album for the sheer love of the music. Please? Please? Guys are you reading this?

Well, they've certainly done it before, and I (unlike all of the naysayers here) think they will do it again. I really believe that.

And an accountant who's late? Sounds like a classic case of passive-aggression to me.

:wink:

biff said:

Well, they've certainly done it before, and I (unlike all of the naysayers here) think they will do it again. I really believe that.

I hope you're right. It would be lovely to see them change and evolve. I don't want them to still be trying to pump out out teenbopper rock when theyre 60, like the Rolling Stones. A more graceful exit would be would appreciated by moi.

biff said:

And an accountant who's late? Sounds like a classic case of passive-aggression to me.

:lmao:

Nah, I can be just straight assertive sometimes. :evil: I can't tell you what I've been doing this week but I made enemies. :sad:

beli said:

Nah, I can be just straight assertive sometimes. :evil: I can't tell you what I've been doing this week but I made enemies. :sad:

"Where I grew up there weren't many trees
Where there was we'd tear them down
And use them on our enemies
They say that what you mock
Will surely overtake you
And you become a monster
So the monster will not break you"

Sounds like western Australia, or some other heinous place.
So, um, just you don't become monstrous or something...or... whatever.

And you thought accountancy was boring!

biff said:

"Where I grew up there weren't many trees
Where there was we'd tear them down
And use them on our enemies
They say that what you mock
Will surely overtake you
And you become a monster
So the monster will not break you"

Sounds like western Australia, or some other heinous place.
So, um, just you don't become monstrous or something...or... whatever.

And you thought accountancy was boring!

:lmao: I miss this kinda convo at work. :(

I've never thought that song was about Western Australia before but I can see it now. :hyper:

Theres no chance of me becoming what I mock/worship. I can't keep a straight face long enough to become a tyrant. :D

PS. Newsflash: Accountancy is boring. I try to keep that to a minimum and do other stuff instead. :drool:

PPS How are your stewed ants treating you?

Stewed ants....:drool:

Actually, they're fine. I have a couple I want to strangulate, but hey, what can you do? That's against college policy. (They're very clear about that, unreasonably. Bastards.)

Goodnight, dear Beli. I am approaching a corpse-like state, sleep deprivation-wise. :wave: And may your dreams (of a paunchy Adam Clayton who reminds you of your relatives) be realized.

I don't know, I admire Adam's bravery to just let his hair be what it is - he looks better than he has in years. Losing the glasses helped.

Larry just needs to cut down on the hair gel - the uber short military cut was getting old anyway.

He needs a haircut! Im sure he spends hundreds of dollars of making it look like hes not losing his hair but just get over it and get in cut!

biff said:
Stewed ants....:drool:

Actually, they're fine. I have a couple I want to strangulate, but hey, what can you do? That's against college policy. (They're very clear about that, unreasonably. Bastards.)

Goodnight, dear Beli. I am approaching a corpse-like state, sleep deprivation-wise. :wave: And may your dreams (of a paunchy Adam Clayton who reminds you of your relatives) be realized.

Hey there are some students about you know:tsk:

We aren't all sick, twisted, lil' bastards:wink:

pepokiss said:
I think the one that really needs a hair cut is Larry... he's waring some sort of Mullet-extravaganza that doesn't fit the Mullet model, but it still does :confused:

You ARE confused, you don't know what a mullet is!! I can't believe how many people online think any hair that isn't cut off at the ears is a 'mullet' :rolleyes: There IS a difference between long or longish hair, and a 'mullet'. A mullet is what Bono had during the UF era, especially in the UF video. Actually, that's the only true mullet Bono ever had. A mullet is a hairstyle of 3 various drastic lengths, usually very short on the sides, standing up on top, and long, usually very long in back. Think of Billy Ray Cyrus "Achy Breaky Heart."

Could it be that with the shaved head trend of the 90's we have a generation of people who have grown up not seeing hair and thinking every time someone decides to let their hair grow out it's a 'mullet?' This is incorrect.

Larry FINALLY decided to change his hairstyle, and I am so glad. He looks much better with longer hair. I always thought he was cute but his looks were marred by shaved hair. Plus it made his nose look too big. Now his face is much more attractive. IMO Larry looks better than he has since Boy.

aww shucks. it was just fun to see the boys doing a full length tv show and having fun this time --- of themselves including.

with reading only the thread topic and not reading any of the posts including the original post, i say .....: This thread was started by a female, i hope i'm right, but very probable. i'm wrong :)

Anways, i don't care about their looks, it's only their music i'm interested in..... though in general, i don't like to chat with ppl wearing sunglasses, but that's not about bono, just a general thing

So,what are you saying,do you want him to cut it?
I love his hair,the longer,the better.

Oh,and the stubble is SEXY!!!!!!!!!
I'm sick of people complaining about men's facial hair.
On those stupid makeover shows,they always make men shave their beards,I LOVE BEARDS DAMNIT!!!!
REAL MEN HAVE FACIAL HAIR!!

hehehe....Larry Mullet, Jr. :laugh:

(though not quite a mullet, like RRK said :wink: )

It's not a mullet, I'm not too keen on it - but it's definately no mullet.

I reckon Bono should cut his hair shorter, like it was in the Beautiful Day video or something,.....

Does Bono really have hair plugs? I thought it was all his...anyway nonetheless he looked good - he IS 45 ya know :|

Larry's hair is fine in length, he just needs to quit plastering it. It'd be nice to see how it looks without 18548 cans of glue in it. Personally though I think Larry's best look was POP.

weirdpaintings.jpg

:drool:

as for Bono...personally, I think he looks great. I always think he looks great. BUT, I do wish he'd wear the shades less, he has such gorgeous eyes, and he looks younger without the sunglasses. Like in the Sometimes video when he was laying on the bed and then he sat up... :drool: he looked so gorgeous there!! I think he could maybe shave a little more often too, the stubble makes him look a little older, but a couple days' worth is actually really sexy...

beautiful.jpg

look how young he looks in that picture...granted it is from, what, four years ago? he has definitely aged since then...BUT I think shaving and not wearing shades would help him look younger. I love his hair but he could cut it, maybe back to Elevation length. Not too short though, i like the long hair. Although I do love the BD cut.

Regardless of what he does, Bono will look good. that man is sex.

you guys who complain about how he looked on conan are so wrong...I just watched it again and he looked just lovely, even lovelier than usual...:yes:
cheerio!

Actually it looks like many don't know Bono..................
He always wore shades, and he always had long hair!
He was born with shades and long hair!
It ain't the shades or the hair who make him look older, the man is aging! He's almost 50, what do you want him to have? Milky teeth??

Back
Top Bottom