Bono/Larry quote : funny&cute

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
(Europeans if you're interested you can see this on MTV Europe tomorrow during the Best of 2001 weekend, but check the programme for exact time - i think it's either 11 am or at noon-the segment is called Best stars)

BONO: I think fame is silly, actually it's stupid. To have someone like Larry or me, rock stars, movie stars being all hyped up.

LARRY: It's troubling when people mix things up. It's hard being Bono -
BONO: (with a smile) It's hard being Bono...
LARRY: - because people put his Jubilee work, the band appearances all together in this one big thing.

--later in the interview--

BONO: I think celebrities...(a cell phone starts ringing at this point, quietly)
...often let their phones ringing during an interview.
(at this point, Bono reaches inside his jacket, and it turns out it's his cell phone!)

*Bono answers the phone* "Hello"?

(Bono looks at the camera with this mocking "aren't-i-important" look and says: "it's the Pope", then resumes talking over the phone)

"No, no, your holiness. I'm a very busy man."

(Bono hangs up, resumes interview-again with the wry expression, suggesting that, of course, it wasn't the Pope)

"I never thought i'd let my phone ring during an interview. I've never done this before." (again, he smiles with sort of an apologetic, shy expression)

------------------
"We feel like this is unfinished business - there's things for us left to do and that's why we still do it." - Larry

"For us, each night on stage has to be like the last night on earth. That's the way our band operates-we can't play the songs unless we're fully into them." - Bono

"The music itself will tell you where to go." - Edge (about recording)

"It's an elevation thing." - Adam (when asked why there's pictures from airport on ATYCLB cover)

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-22-2001).]

lol. the U2 guys are so funny esp. L & B!
thanks for sharing that was great
biggrin.gif

------------------
--U2002revolution
(not-a-newbie)

U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

It was my pleasure sharing it.

I like your signature, by the way.
smile.gif

------------------
"We feel like this is unfinished business - there's things for us left to do and that's why we still do it." - Larry

"For us, each night on stage has to be like the last night on earth. That's the way our band operates-we can't play the songs unless we're fully into them." - Bono

"The music itself will tell you where to go." - Edge (about recording)

"It's an elevation thing." - Adam (when asked why there's pictures from airport on ATYCLB cover)

U2girl I would just like to tell you that your posts are actually a breath of fresh air around here compared to some of the topics lately.

Originally posted by Sicy:
U2girl I would just like to tell you that your posts are actually a breath of fresh air around here compared to some of the topics lately.

Really? Shucks, all i did was transcript an interview...Thanks!
smile.gif

(come to think of it, i may edit it as i think a few corrections might arise as i'll watch it tomorrow to see if i got everything right)

But why the confused smiley in your post?

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-22-2001).]

That's hilarious! I hope the whol interview manages to get itself online soon.

I was always fond of that quote from around the time the album was coming ut:

Interview: Surely there's more to it than that?

Larry M.: Don't call me Shirley.

Back
Top Bottom