Bono isn't a football fan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baker6621

War Child
LOL, just listening to the Cleveland show (amazing quality - wow), and Bono says:

"I know - Baltimore stole the Bears and you stole them back"

Hahaha, it's the BROWNS! Cleveland used to be the Browns, they left in 1995 to Baltimore and are now back in Cleveland (w/ baltimore still around).

So, yeah, we know Bono didn't inspire the stuck video...he has no idea what he's talking about
smile.gif

cle.gif

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

Speaking of that, you know what bugs me Baker? I'm a Colts fan, and as we know the Colts left Baltimore for Indy in 1984. Well since then, Johnny Unitas and other old players and fans have denounced the Colts for leaving. Yet, those same people will cheer on the Ravens, who are no more than Cleveland's original Browns who also moved! Oh, he hypocrisy!
mad.gif

Kitten: I know! Geez. Anyways, Colts are struggling. I don't like Mora, no emotion. We need to beat the Cheifs. I don't think coaching is the problem, just bad luck. I mean blocked kicks, fumbles, thats all bad luck. We could have won, should have. Edge has a great game (145 yards) and so did Manning. We need to get Pathon back! Reggie Wayne (the rookie) is someone I really like. Hopefullly manning will be more confident later on with him. Seriously, this next game is the turning point on our season. We had a short week, and if we can win, and our defense plays great - this will help us through are very hard schedule. GO COLTS!

l8hr4763.jpg

Edgerrin (EDGE) rocks the NFL. He's the best. GO INDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
Speaking of that, you know what bugs me Baker? I'm a Colts fan, and as we know the Colts left Baltimore for Indy in 1984. Well since then, Johnny Unitas and other old players and fans have denounced the Colts for leaving. Yet, those same people will cheer on the Ravens, who are no more than Cleveland's original Browns who also moved! Oh, he hypocrisy!
mad.gif

Also, let's not forget that the Ravens' star middle linebacker tried to help a couple of friends get away with homicide, then complained about how he was the victim of the police investigation and media blitz.

Let's not forget that Ray lewis was 100% innocent and is also the best LB to ever play in the NFL!!

------------------

Yeah, but he didn't committ any murder. Yeah, maybe he didn't know what to tell the Police, try being in that situation. It is very tough, you are dazed and confused. Imagine what he saw.

Originally posted by baker6621:
Yeah, but he didn't committ any murder. Yeah, maybe he didn't know what to tell the Police, try being in that situation. It is very tough, you are dazed and confused. Imagine what he saw.

Yeah, poor OJ errr.. I mean Ray Lewis.

-ME

------------------
I didn't take no shortcuts
I spent the money that I saved up
Oh, Momma running out of luck
Like my sister, don't give a fuck

*doesnt like football either, those who dont like it can feck aff cuz im not gonna waste my time arguing*

------------------

<--- #1 Ignored User!
<--- Doesnt care... LOL

LOL! Yes, I was at the show! I thought that was pretty funny especially since I'm a Steelers fan...stupid brownies.

------------------
Lift My Days
Light Up My Nights

Lets face it, the only audience for american football is ...er... America! its not exactly a worldwide sport like football (soccer) is!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by what a bomb! (edited 10-23-2001).]

I love American Football..great sport but lets face it...what it comprises of is English rugby with colourful decorated body armour..likewise baseball can be viewed as rounders but I won't go there!!

*ducks for cover*

now if we can just get you guys into cricket!!!
biggrin.gif

I saw a great tea towel explaining cricket rules to a yank once! can't remember it all but went something like...

one side is in while the other is out,
when the side that is in is out, the side that is out is in...

Sorry its late at night, thats as far as I am going!

l8hr4763.jpg

Edgerrin (EDGE) rocks the NFL. He's the best. GO INDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 words: Marshal Faulk, he really IS the best.

Of course, Emmitt Smith is STILL around so don't count him out
wink.gif

Its too bad the Colts can't seem to beat the Patriots. They rip other teams new asses but they just choke to the Pats.

Bono is a big football fan. He is a big-time OU Sooner fan and as far as pro he loves the Cowboys
biggrin.gif

Let's not forget that Ray lewis was 100% innocent and is also the best LB to ever play in the NFL!!

Um, he did plead guilty to obstruction of justice, you know.

He is a great football player, but there are very good reasons not to like him.

Anyone who 'loves the Cowboys' and doesn't know anything about other teams and doesn't keep up with the games is your typical un-football fan, a fake, a bandwagoner. I know, or shall I say knew, now that true to form they have all fallen off the bandwagon and hid their gear due to the Cowboys' recent sucking, who could only name 1 or 2 players and knew nothing of the games or the history. They only wanted to latch onto a winner and run their mouths. When there was nothing to brag on they shut up. I have noticed that whenever other teams lose, their fans are loyal, yet with Dallas the 'fans' seem to come and go out of the woodwork with the fortunes of the team. If you are actually in Texas, or one of the other .02% who are actually diehard faithful Cowboy fans of course you are an exception so don't flame me, but this has been proven over and over in my life so it's true. I have never seen or heard Bono profess to like the Cowboys. If any team, they have shown a fondness for the 49ers, the band of the 80's and the team of the 80's! Being Irish they really don't care about football.

Baker- COOL pic of Edge! I am really upset at the recent performance, I mean we know they can kick ass, we saw that early this year! They can do it! They need to get a fire lit under their butts and win the Super Bowl! GO COLTS!

Dammnit U2Kitten
wink.gif

Don't mess with me because you know Boxers don't like cats/kittens! Bono loves the Cowboys because I said so and that settles it. He dosen't appreciate you calling him a bandwagon fan, and the 49ers suck!
mad.gif

(haha hehe)

Ohhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! American football!!!!!!!!
The only football there is in Britain is what you would call soccer.
Gaelic football in Ireland but they still have football (soccer) You now the football that actually involves kicking the ball with your FOOT most of the time hence the name FOOTball rather than throwing it around alot. I have nothing against American football just I don't see why it is called football when most of the time the ball doesn't come into contact with a foot. It's more like rugby than football.

Because most American sports involving balls have to do with your hands only (golf, baseball, basketbball) in regards to how you score or how you make that ball score.

Football starts with a kickoff at both halves. Every drive ends with either a punt (kicking to the other team) or a score which involves either running the ball, catching the ball and then running into the end zone, or catching the ball with your feet in the end zone. Of course you could always kick a field goal like that kid tried to do in the usa version of the 'stuck' video. And after every touchdown, you can kick the 'extra point'.

I actually agreed with you for a long time until I sat down and thought about it. Football is appropriately named, because your feet get you places with the ball
smile.gif

Bah, not another soccer vs American football and baseball vs cricket thread. No offense, but why are you Europeans so quick to insult our sports? Just let us enjoy, um, soccer where handballs are allowed and cricket with two extra bases.
wink.gif
It just irks me when people argue over what sport is better than another.

If you guys want to, start a Premier League thread (which, BTW is all about Man U anyways
biggrin.gif
).

Go Niners!
Go Broncos!
And who expected the Bears to be in first place in the NFC "Norris" dvision? Awesome!

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by Foxxern:
Bah, not another soccer vs American football and baseball vs cricket thread. No offense, but why are you Europeans so quick to insult our sports? Just let us enjoy, um, soccer where handballs are allowed and cricket with two extra bases.
wink.gif

Who cares, Europeans are always insulting our sports. Basketball is going to be the number one sport in the world very shortly anyway......

Oh, and by the way.......

Michael is back. Tuesday, October 30th at Madison Square Garden, two days after the greatest musicians of the last 20 years leave, the greatest athlete of the last 20 years returns.......

If you guys want to, start a Premier League thread (which, BTW is all about Man U anyways
biggrin.gif
).

Go Niners!
Go Broncos!
And who expected the Bears to be in first place in the NFC "Norris" dvision? Awesome!

Originally posted by Foxxern:
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
).

Go Niners!
Go Broncos!

Argh!!!! Don't mention that name in my presence. I hate Man U. Argh!!!!!!!!

Z Edge- In case you haven't been keeping up with the season (typical of a Cowboy bandwagoner) the records stand:
49ers: 4-1
Cowboys: 1-4(they wouldn't even have won one if Stephen Davis had not fumbled the Redskins' game away!}

Now who sucks? he he he....

I will guarantee this; even if Ray Lewis didn't kill those people himself, he KNOWS who did, and he's covering up for one of his buddies.

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

i never understood why its called a touch down when you dont actually have to 'touch down'.
They just run past a line!
AM I wrong?

I like the crunch sound the helmets make when they crash

Go 49ers

acro...u can start a cricket thread in its off, salomey, betty and i will talk to ya

------------------
Proudly brought to you by Bonobubbles*

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
i never understood why its called a touch down when you dont actually have to 'touch down'.
They just run past a line!
AM I wrong?

Well, basically every play in football is referred to as a "down", as in 1st down, 2nd down, etc. The goal line is also known as the touch line (just like in soccer). Hence touch + down = touchdown. Got it? Good.
smile.gif

------------------
Change is the only constant

Back
Top Bottom