Bono is writing lyrics and recording vocals...still

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its really not a big deal that Bono is still writing. Things change when in the studio. Nothing is set in stone. I'm just glad to hear Bono is working on the album.

I want an album that is revolutionary in some (or several) way. I want to hear new angles on music. I don't want another ATYCLB, Zooropa nor AB, because I already got those albums. I want to be chocked by the sound and by the lyrics, and I hope, and think, that U2 will deliver it. They have before.

Bono has been known to change lyrics and vocals up to the last second. They didn't get the chorus for "Last night on Earth" until the day the album was due......."you gotta give it away". Even look at the linear notes for this song and there is a verse that had changed.....not unusual so no worries.

Numb1075 said:
Just for you Jofo: Bono is finishing his lyrics now: a mouse/living in my house/crawling up her blouse now.....

:applaud:

I just want an album I can like more than ATYCLB. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the album tons. The Tomb Raider mix of Elevation is amongst the best rock songs U2 have ever written, in my opinion. It's just that I really am wanting a bit more zooropa with my adult contemporary.

Just because he's still "writing" lyrics doesnt mean that the album isnt close to finished, it could be struggling with just a line of a single song or finishing them up... I dont see the big deal about this at all.

RockNRollDawgie said:

My sentiments, exactly. :)
I never heard of this website.

Well the site has been around for quite a while. It just happens to be in Spanish (it's from Spain) The folks are pretty dedicated fans.

ramblin rose said:

Well the site has been around for quite a while. It just happens to be in Spanish (it's from Spain) The folks are pretty dedicated fans.

Wasn't aware it's been around. I dunno....something about
this report just strikes me as being a wee bit non-beliavble.
And that bit about Larry coming out to autograph cds???
I find that really hard to believe.
If it is true that Bono is writing songs at last minute, it's no big deal at all.

u2 wont do another atyclb, after 4 years!?!?!? IMPOSSIBLE!! this record will sound different and better, much better, they worked so long, so much and so hard, i just trust them

radioskugga said:
I want an album that is revolutionary in some (or several) way. I want to hear new angles on music. I don't want another ATYCLB, Zooropa nor AB, because I already got those albums. I want to be chocked by the sound and by the lyrics, and I hope, and think, that U2 will deliver it. They have before.

That's exactly it.

Moreover, it doesn't have to be an hard rock album (and I hope it will not be), i am just excited with the fact that apparently they are exploiting heavier guitar sounds to drive but that doesn't mean that we will have a dozen of full speed&hard&heavy&screaming songs or whatever. For sure that typical elements of their music, such as emotion on the words and touching sweet melodies will be there as they are in all their albuns, and i don't have any problem with that. It will be the mix of everything that will make this album amazing.

he's probably writing lyrics for the b-sides...

Don't stress, the record will be released on november... they have delayed it too many times..

super fly guy said:
I just want to say one thing..... Electrical storm is a great song so lay off it. And also the new album will be great.

I know, whats up with ES bashing. I really dig that song and I can't wait to hear it live on the next tour. "Your in the my mind..." prechorus is very touching.

I think that Electrical Storm is a good song, but it could've/should've been a lot better. I love the opening riff. But the chorus seem so lifeless. It's like Edge isn't playing chords at all. And about the ending solo...sometimes it sounds like Daffy Duck to me. I didn't like it at all at first. But in the demo version which Radio One played Edge extended that solo and it turned out great. I just hope that the new album will push Edge over the edge, that he will let himself improvise more. 'Cause that's how that demo sounded. And on the other hand, the final version sounded again - too ATYCLB-ish: overproduced.

RockNRollDawgie said:

Wasn't aware it's been around. I dunno....something about
this report just strikes me as being a wee bit non-beliavble.
And that bit about Larry coming out to autograph cds???
I find that really hard to believe.
If it is true that Bono is writing songs at last minute, it's no big deal at all.

Pictures inside and outside the studio, with all band and crew members here:
(link)

Complete story here:
(link)

No audio yet. But I've heard it and I can say its 100% legit.

PS: It looks like I'm still unable to post links... grrr. Goto "Noticias" section from main U2 East Link url

redbook said:

Pictures inside and outside the studio, with all band and crew members here:
(link)

Complete story here:
(link)

No audio yet. But I've heard it and I can say its 100% legit.

PS: It looks like I'm still unable to post links... grrr. Goto "Noticias" section from main U2 East Link url

Ok thanks!
I checked out the site. Same problem; none of the pictures load.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom