Bono is coming!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

The online sales are so shitty! I had to pay over $100 for my ticket. :mad: The universities are handing out FREE tickets, four per person, and people hoard them so they can sell them on eBay and make profits, it's rather disgusting! Especially since this is for such a good cause, I mean, scapling concert tickets is one thing.......but this is about millions of people dying!

I agree - totally NOT cool........:no:

Elvis Presley said:
Wooohoooo, I live in Cincy! I think I am going to try and go to Louisville too the following day, hope tix are reasonable.....:yes: :yes:

So far they've been more than reasonable - free! But I think you need to present a student ID to get them. If it's different elsewhere, someone please let me know!

Hey, I'm over at North Central College down the road from Wheaton! Any chance of getting a ticket?

Public Safety wouldn't let anyone stand in line outside the gym they were distributing tickets at before 6 A.M. (except for the group that camped out hidden behind the bushes!) I was one of the first in line -- needlessly. They started distributing tickets at 7:30 and, as I was told, were still giving them out at 11. I could have just waltzed in whenever and picked it up. Ah well, better to be safe. . .

AdamsMango said:
I wanna do a meet up! Cincinnati people!! PM me

Hey, I would meet up with ya, if only I knew where this thing was, and when tickets go onsale? Do I really have to go to Cincinnati to get them? I only live an hour away, but still, pain in the ass. I'm guessing it'll be at the University of Cincinnati. This would be as close as I might ever get to meeting Bono.

Seriously, if anyone here is able to get more than 1 ticket for Cincinnati, please let me know - I couldn't pay a scalper rate for it but I would be willing to reimburse you for your time and trouble (and gas $$). My hubby is interested in going too so 2 tix would be ideal.....

Yeah.

I live in Madison, WI and have a full-time job ... so no Bono for me.

Why couldn't DATA come to Madison???? It's a college town! It's in the midwest!!

Wow! I used to live in Wheaton!!! I would drive down (from WI) to see this!!! If only I could get a ticket....

checking datadata.org.....

datadata.org is not updating at all, im wondering where i can find a schedule of times and where it will take place, at least the cincinnati one.

anyone have any additional info???

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
Public Safety wouldn't let anyone stand in line outside the gym they were distributing tickets at before 6 A.M. (except for the group that camped out hidden behind the bushes!)

:lol: :lmao: Public Safety! That's hilarious. I knew there had to be somebody else from wheaton on here. I graduated in '97. I Move in Mysterious Ways, if you see this, send me an e-mail: timbubar@hotmail.com. I'd be interested to hear if you know how wheaton ended up getting Bono, how the event was (I have a couple of friends who will be there too), and if you know what happened with the CU "Fix Bono A Meal" thing. Thanks!

FYI...I emailed WETN, Wheaton College's radio/cable tv station to see if they would be airing Bono on the web tonight. Here's their reply:

The latest word is that it will..the issue is whether Bono's
represenatives will sign a release, and the latest word is they will. On the radio (FM 88.1), on the web at www.wetn.org, and on cable TV in Wheaton, Warrenville, West Chicago, and Winfield.

Sounds like www.wetn.org may have both audio and video tonight for those that want to watch.

Spiral_Staircase said:
FYI...I emailed WETN, Wheaton College's radio/cable tv station to see if they would be airing Bono on the web tonight. Here's their reply:

Sounds like www.wetn.org may have both audio and video tonight for those that want to watch.

No such luck....I just got this email:

Bono's representatives have changed their position and now say WETN can NOT webcast or broadcast the event at Wheaton College tonight. Sorry.

What!!!

They've been advertising it all afternoon on the radio, i've been listening to the real audio stream.

Damn! I 'm in California and this was my chance to hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!

:madspit:

It makes no sense

This makes no sense to me - they say they are trying to get the word out, and yet lots of these engagements have been closed to the public, they refuse to do any kind of broadcast, wtf? It's really really irritating :mad:

WAH!

Im pissed too!

But I think i know why........
Some sweelers have already gotten an mp3 out of Bono singing that new song.

There will be copies made and probably for profit by cheezy people -and maybe it pissed bono off.

I don't know I could be totally wrong, maybe it's just a copyright issue but it sucks for those of us that can't be there in person and we're looking for a little information and inspiration.

And I was just about to convert my mother to this cause tonight too!!!!!!!!!

:scream:

Re: WAH!

oktobergirl said:

Some sweelers have already gotten an mp3 out of Bono singing that new song.

Have you heard it or just heard about this? I've only listened to the clip from the news piece thats only about 10 seconds long....

Re: It makes no sense

bonosloveslave said:
This makes no sense to me - they say they are trying to get the word out, and yet lots of these engagements have been closed to the public, they refuse to do any kind of broadcast, wtf? It's really really irritating :mad:

I know! that is so hypocritical..we're getting news out to the public, but they cant get in. what?! :rant:

Hmm. . .my roommate is helping to film the thing for media resources. . .

Well, since it's not being distributed, hope you'll tell us what he said, at least anything that was different than the Sunday webcast.

Hey, it just ended. Incredible event. I think it went about two and a half hours. It began with a group of African drummers, dancers, and singers. One of the youngest then opened with a prayer. Then Ashley Judd, Bono, and Chris Tucker (!) came out, along with Agnes, who shared her story about the damage that AIDS has done to her family.
It was amazing to see Bono in person, and fairly close up. He was nicely dressed (suit), except for the frickin' Popmart-ish military cap:wink: All of the speakers, in their own way, were excellent. Overall, it was an incredibly moving evening. We were pretty close (Ashley sat next to my sister and I at one point):yes: And led much of the discussion.
After the African group had again performed -- and they were a wonderful group -- Bono grabbed an accoustic guitar and annouced that he also had a "day job." He explained that his three friends inside the cd player were going to help him with a new song, which he called a "work in progress." It was "An American Prayer." Perfect conclusion to a powerful evening. You couldn't hear much of Bono's guitar playing, but it didn't matter. . .

Hey, it just ended. Incredible event. I think it went about two and a half hours. It began with a group of African drummers, dancers, and singers. One of the youngest then opened with a prayer. Then Ashley Judd, Bono, and Chris Tucker (!) came out, along with Agnes, who shared her story about the damage that AIDS has done to her family.
It was amazing to see Bono in person, and fairly close up. He was nicely dressed (suit), except for the frickin' Popmart-ish military cap:wink: All of the speakers, in their own way, were excellent. Overall, it was an incredibly moving evening. We were pretty close (Ashley sat next to my sister and I at one point):yes: And led much of the discussion.
After the African group had again performed -- and they were a wonderful group -- Bono grabbed an accoustic guitar and annouced that he also had a "day job." He explained that his three friends inside the cd player were going to help him with a new song, which he called a "work in progress." It was "An American Prayer." Perfect conclusion to a powerful evening. You couldn't hear much of Bono's guitar playing, but it didn't matter. . .

that sounds amazing! Cant wait to see it!

just got back from the wheaton college thing...it was really good....'mysterious ways' pretty much covered everything....it seems like it was similar to the iowa and nebraska lectures except chris tucker was at this one.....oh yea, the song sounded really good.......youtwo.net has a short clip of it, check it out

Just got back from the Indy DATA talk! It was truly amazing. A night I'll never forget. I was in the third row.

Bono looked exhausted. Bobby Shriver said Bono had gotten up at 4 am that morning.

Ashley and her husband Dario were there, they talked and left. I think they had to catch a flight.

Bono was great. I laughed this morning when he said Bullshit on the Today show but he said shit a lot tonight! Quite funny!

Chris Tucker was hilarious.

Agnes's story was really touching.

The African dancers and singers were amazing!

Overall, a great night. I was truly inspired!

I got a ticket to the Louisville talk. yeah, me!

skjuls said:
Just got back from the Indy DATA talk! It was truly amazing. A night I'll never forget. I was in the third row.

Bono looked exhausted. Bobby Shriver said Bono had gotten up at 4 am that morning.

Ashley and her husband Dario were there, they talked and left. I think they had to catch a flight.

Bono was great. I laughed this morning when he said Bullshit on the Today show but he said shit a lot tonight! Quite funny!

Chris Tucker was hilarious.

Agnes's story was really touching.

The African dancers and singers were amazing!

Overall, a great night. I was truly inspired!

I got a ticket to the Louisville talk. yeah, me!

I just got back from indy! I was in the 3rd row! and after I left..I was by the gate near the buses less than a min and bono came out! he asked the group what they thought of it..but he touched my hand and smiled at me! :) The song the african dancers did was amazing..I know i will never forget this night either!

Back
Top Bottom