Bono Interview

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually had read that interview before, but thanks for reminding me about it. I just went and read it again.

Thank you U2live! I enjoyed it! I got a kick out of Larry's comment regarding Pop.

Amazon.co.uk: There was a common critical view that All That You Can't Leave Behind was a return to U2's core values after the more experimental albums you made during the 90s. What do you think of those albums now?

Bono: I like them. I just find them unbearable to listen to, because I can hear the paranoia and the panic. Achtung Baby is full of it. Zooropa revolved around that great lyric by Edge, "Numb". And Pop is so fucking black. I can't think of a more un-pop record. I remember Larry saying after the sessions that maybe next time we should make an actual pop record

Cool, thanks....

That's an interesting point about AB and the others being unbearable to listen to... I can't imagine having such a difficult period of your life condensed onto something other people listen to for recreation, that you can listen to and re-live the whole thing... I don't think I'd want to either. Bizarre.

Back
Top Bottom