Bono in Sarajevo today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Bono in Sarajevo today!

is he looking for a better tax deal ? [/B][/QUOTE]

Aren't we all??? lol

OK, so the TV didn't do an interview with him, but I've translated some articles from the newspapers.

Bono said that he is really pleased to find a way and time to visit again one of his favourite cities in the world - Sarajevo: "I don't wanna exagarate but I am really one of the true lovers of this city. Although this is a short visit I had a chance to see how Sarajevo has grown and how it continues growing. I am amazed, you surprise me with something new every time so the picture of Sarajevo in my head becomes much prettier, more attractive and warmer".

He also said that the most valuable thing that this city has, culture wise, is the Sarajevo Film Festival: "It has become a symbol of tolerance, multiculturalism, humour, sex appeal, fun and all the things I really like. And according to the number of guests, people from all over the world think the same way.

He also said that Sarajevans can expect his appearance with other members of U2: "I will say that I have something on my mind, but it's not a concert. I can't say what exactly that is, but it's gonna be a surprise for all Sarajevans and it should take place next year.

There you go my fellow U2-fans, Sarajevo with its Film Festival is the place to be in August next year.

:wink:

Bono with Nick Nolte on stage in Open Air cinema:

SFF_nick-nolte.jpg

Thanks for all the info, vivaSA!

Next year: 2007

Ten years ago: 1997
Popmart Sarajevo.
Also the year Michael Hutchence died.

Twenty years ago: 1987
u2 films for Rattle & Hum

Not a concert.
:hmm:
Maybe a movie or documentary premiere.
A video-shoot.
A recording session.
Planning on buying a house there.

:up: for Bono's & Ali's visit and support of Sarajevo

Interesting article vivaSA - thx for sharing it!!

Last edited:
hi there

I just wanna say that I had a big luck to share a few words with Bono yesterday at the Sarajevo Film festival!
I ask him is there any chance for making a concert in Sarajevo again bringing Vertigo Tour in Sarajevo!And he actually told me that U2 band will come in Sarajevo Film Festival next year to attend a premiere of the U2 movie!

JCOSTER said:
That looks like Jordan. But those two girls are absolutely gorgeous, I wonder how Bono keeps the boys at bay!!!
He i never tried so who knows. :wink:

Indeed im sure she already has a boyfriend, or is Bono scaring off all the guys. :bono:

Yes I think that is Jordan in that pic above. My is she growing up! Next year she'll be an adult... Here's one with Eve from yesterday (walking behind Ali):

BonoSarajevo06AliEve.jpg

vivaSA said:

It's true. I even have a photo of him with the passport in his hands.

So was the fact he has a Bosnian passport common knowledge and I've just been out to lunch? Do you know anything about Bosnian immigration/passport rules? :wink:

Sorry to derail the thread; just very interested b/c I was just working in immigration law. And yeah, I'm interested in Bono too I suppose. :sexywink:

I believe they presented the Bosnian passport to him on an honorary basis, I think it was in 1998 when he attended the Film Festival for the first time. There is a pic of Bono talking outside (think it was when he arrived at the airport) with Ali, Jordan and Eve.

sarajevo boy said:
hi there

I just wanna say that I had a big luck to share a few words with Bono yesterday at the Sarajevo Film festival!
I ask him is there any chance for making a concert in Sarajevo again bringing Vertigo Tour in Sarajevo!And he actually told me that U2 band will come in Sarajevo Film Festival next year to attend a premiere of the U2 movie!

Cool for you you got to talk to him! :cool:
:ohmy: very interesting tidbit of news there. now that the cat is out of the bag :hmm: next year the sarajevo film festival better plan on a "little bigger attendance". :shifty:

OK, guys, here's the TV interview I was telling you about: rtsp://195.222.58.181:7070/ftv/sff0821.rm

If you can't open this link, here's a link to this TV station: FTV and on the right hand side, you'll see a section with videos and the interview is the first in line:
Gost SFF-a - Bono Vox, 21.08.2006, 16 min.

It's mainly with subtitle, so enjoy it!!!!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom