Bono in Iraq

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
Bad, bad news. I'm sure his heart's in the right place, but this move could destroy U2 in America. PR on this could be ugly, I can already picture the NY Post headlines. On the up side, this may allow me to see U2 live at the local bar down the street, maybe they could open for my band?

I hope that not all citizens of the United States of America, especially the U2 fans, are stupid enough to think, that only evil people are living in the Iraq.
Don`t get me wrong! I am not saying that it`s not important to destroy the regime of Saddam, but you must also think about the innocent citizents in this country and how as many as possible could survive this war.
If the U2 fans don`t understand the engagement of Bono, they don`t understand what this band is all about.

They don`t need such fans!

The potential PR fallout from this trip could be devastating, that's my only point. Good people live everywhere.

A Maaaaaaan said:
I hope that not all citizens of the United States of America, especially the U2 fans, are stupid enough to think, that only evil people are living in the Iraq.
Don`t get me wrong! I am not saying that it`s not important to destroy the regime of Saddam, but you must also think about the innocent citizents in this country and how as many as possible could survive this war.
If the U2 fans don`t understand the engagement of Bono, they don`t understand what this band is all about.

They don`t need such fans!

The opinions on this board do not represent the opinion of the millions upon millions of US citizens. Just like Saddam's actions do not represent the millions of citizens of Iraq.

The PR fallout of him going might be bad - just look at the way Sean Penn was treated last week when he got back from Iraq - people laughed at him for even attempting to understand what the problem may or may not be over there. I think U2 fans are just trying to get that same sentiment across.. that's all.

I'm going to close this thread now.

If you wish to discuss this topic, please visit FYM or U2News.

Thank you for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom