Bono in Africa on iTunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2vertigofly

ONE love, blood, life
This may be the wrong place for this so mods please move if need be.

On itunes NBC news has a 35 min video of bono in Africa for a free download. The info reads "An inside look at U2's Bonoand his mission of hope in Africa" I assume this was the same thing that was on tv a while ago.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I just did a search for this in iTunes, and it asked me "Did you mean BONGO IN AFRICA?"

No, no I didn't :huh:

it would be under the NBC News section of the TV Shows genre.

Thanks, LMP. It showed up on the main page of the iTunes store right after I downloaded it. It will be my reward tomorrow for getting all my papers graded :wink:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Thanks, LMP. It showed up on the main page of the iTunes store right after I downloaded it. It will be my reward tomorrow for getting all my papers graded :wink:

no problem :D

but the niceties will stop after our round starts tomorrow :grumpy::madspit:

:wink:

thanks for the heads up - can't wait to check it out (already downloaded, not have to find the time to watch it...)

Desert Island quarter/semi-finals :drool:

I was just privy to a meeting with Bono and Brian Williams. It was incredible.

The beginning made my jaw drop. It was all wonderful.

Thank you, NBC!!

If it's suppose to be free then why won't iTunes let me download it without giving them my credit card number, which I don't have, and I can't even create an account without a credit card number!! :madspit:

hcbiggs2002 said:
If it's suppose to be free then why won't iTunes let me download it without giving them my credit card number, which I don't have, and I can't even create an account without a credit card number!! :madspit:

I've made an account without a credit card number, but maybe it only works if you had an iTunes card THEN started an account :hmm:

What's an iTunes card?

I downloaded it last night and have never used iTunes, or the iTunes store before. I had iTunes on my computer so I clicked on the link Chrissi posted and it said "please load your iTunes", so I clicked on my iTunes shortcut, then in iTunes it loaded to the page where you can download it. Then it said I had to create and account, so I did, but it only took a few minutes. I put in my debit card info, but it doesn't charge your card. I think it's like other services, whenever you setup an account, they want that info so it's easier for you to buy things later on, but you won't get charged for the free download.

I meant those $15 dollar iTunes cards.

Those are the only ones I use since I don't have a credit card.

I also got a receipt for my "purchase" this morning, which is weird. I've never gotten receipts for podcasts or other free things I've downloaded before.

Maybe Bono's going to stop by to personally thank me for tuning in :yes:

Does it charge you if you do it more than once? Sorry, I've never used iTunes before :reject: I tried it last night, but totally forgot it was downloading and closed my laptop, so it failed. I did it again today at work. Now I'm at home again and want it b/c I didn't have the chance to watch at work. It says I already downloaded it but I can "buy" it again. I said "buy" so hopefully it's not charging me, since it's free...

You shouldn't be charged for it, if it's a free download.

I bought the NBC News Time Capsule interview and watched it on the way back from Sedona last night. It's a treat -- Larry and Adam look EXACTLY the same as they did 20 years ago. Edge and Bono have changed the most in appearance, but their voices are the same. Bono is using some of the same lines today that he used back then.

The NBC-U2 collaboration is very smart, from Conan to SNL to Brian Williams. Who knows, maybe someday a U2 special before the next album or the next tour...

I downloaded it twice (on my old computer and new one) It did ask me the same question but I didn't get charged anything.

(By the way, does anyone know if there is a way to get all the stuff in my itunes from my old computer to my new one? :huh: )

I watched the Video and Brian Williams seemed arrogant and really didn't care about the issue.

bonocomet said:
I downloaded it twice (on my old computer and new one) It did ask me the same question but I didn't get charged anything.

(By the way, does anyone know if there is a way to get all the stuff in my itunes from my old computer to my new one? :huh: )

I'm sure it can be done -- email or call the Apple folks.

silvrlvr said:
You shouldn't be charged for it, if it's a free download.

I bought the NBC News Time Capsule interview and watched it on the way back from Sedona last night. It's a treat -- Larry and Adam look EXACTLY the same as they did 20 years ago. Edge and Bono have changed the most in appearance, but their voices are the same. Bono is using some of the same lines today that he used back then.

The NBC-U2 collaboration is very smart, from Conan to SNL to Brian Williams. Who knows, maybe someday a U2 special before the next album or the next tour...

That's only because they're on Interscope record which is owned by NBC-Universal.

NBC's desperate for ratings so they're trying to use U2's relative fame to attract viewers.

Justin24 said:
I watched the Video and Brian Williams seemed arrogant and really didn't care about the issue.

really? I thought he seemed very interested. His weekly broadcast during that trip was very positive in it's reporting of the message of the One campaign.

From what I saw, he seemed arrogant. I could be wrong. He was more concerned about getting out of the sun, while walking with Bono than anything else. When Bono was talking he seemed to look away and really not pay attention.

Back
Top Bottom