Bono in 1981....likes/dislikes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
nme_or_17.jpg

I thought this was cute when it says his favorite person and it say my girlfriend Alison.

^ Not to mention Hawaii Five-O :laugh:

Oh, and just to mention it, it seems that this interview came out exactly a dozen days before I was born. :D

Last edited:
Bonos favorite actress was/is Kim Novak, she was in a movie in the 1960's VERTIGO. It was an Alfred Hitchcock movie.
I just thought it strange his favorite actress in 1981 was in a movie called Vertigo.

^ Wow, I totally didn't make the Kim Novak/Vertigo connection. Good Call, JCoster, I wonder if he still fancies her--aren't blondes out of the norm for him? :wink:

Oh, and we have, or at least had, European Smarties here in the US--We called them by a different name which escapes me at the moment but I remember being obssessed with them when I was about 12. American Smarties, on the other hand, are the devil's candy.

JCOSTER said:
Wow get out of here....they look like skittles.:huh:

They're like M&Ms, not Skittles, as they have a chocolate centre.

I love that he named Monty Python & the Holy Grail as one of his favorite movies. Awesome.

Not got great taste in films has he?
Could explain why The Million Dollar Hotel was so shit.
I remember in a similar interview he said that the thing most about home were sausages. Mmmmmm sausages!:drool:

The Smarties I jam-packed as contraband in my suitcase when I came back from England six years ago had a candy coating over a sort of dark chocolate-tasting center. :drool:

Don't you just love the Bono of the Boy era??
So cool.
I love all the era's of Bono but this, his first one in the public eye was particuarly cool.

An Cat Gav said:
Smarties kick M and M's ass!!!!
Especially the orange ones!!!:drool:

I've honestly never really noticed much of a difference between M&Ms, Smarties, and Pebbles. I'll take Skittles any day of the week.

Axver said:

I've honestly never really noticed much of a difference between M&Ms, Smarties, and Pebbles.

There's a difference in North America. :yuck: The chocolate here tastes completely different to chocolate back home. I can't stomach the M&Ms here. They taste so synthetic. You've no idea what I would give for a good box of Smarties. Along with the rugby, Smarties are sadly missing from my life. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom