Bono in 1981....likes/dislikes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heh. Most things in America are synthetic - didn't you know that? We have this idiotic idea that we can improve EVERYTHING! Not so much. I'd kill for some good European chocolate.

Devlin said:
Heh. Most things in America are synthetic - didn't you know that? We have this idiotic idea that we can improve EVERYTHING! Not so much. I'd kill for some good European chocolate.

This is true. :hmm: And it's even true of American brands manufactured elsewhere in the world! In South Africa, Hershey's Kisses taste divine. When I moved to Canada, I was expecting them to taste even better because I'd be getting the real American kind. The texture was different, the taste was different, everything was different. Oh, it looked the same, but it paled in comparison to what I was used to! I honestly can't eat North American chocolate. Only Nestle and Cadbury imports from the UK.

Hey, they did All Along the Watchtower as part of the encore in '81. And here i was all impressed in R&H when they made it seem like the band was just learning the chords and words in the trailer, before performing in front of the San Francisco crowd.

JCOSTER said:
nme_or_17.jpg

Interesting to read this. I wonder how many artists today (& people in general) might include Bono as their inspiration.

I saw him say in another interview it was Ali's house. Her mother is a good cook and she fed him many nights when he didn't go home. Sometimes Ali's mother drove him home, or he slept on the couch. They were like a second family to him. Or maybe it was an ambiguous joke.

Bonofire said:
I saw him say in another interview it was Ali's house. Her mother is a good cook and she fed him many nights when he didn't go home. Sometimes Ali's mother drove him home, or he slept on the couch. They were like a second family to him. Or maybe it was an ambiguous joke.

Yeah it could be, at first I thought it was her family and then I thought no its probably the restaurant. I guess only he knows for sure!!!:wink:

Re: Re: Bono in 1981....likes/dislikes

SunBloc said:

Interesting to read this. I wonder how many artists today (& people in general) might include Bono as their inspiration.

I was about to say many newer bands, but now that I think of it, they mainly emulate Edge's work and the sound of Boy and not so much Bono.

Unless you want to talk about teh C-word.

Noone's mentioned his favourite records of 1981. Some fine classics there. :up: (obviously I'm the only person here old enough to remember SLF :mad: )

Oh well, where is Pete Wylie now? :(

GibsonGirl said:

There's a difference in North America. :yuck: The chocolate here tastes completely different to chocolate back home. I can't stomach the M&Ms here. They taste so synthetic. You've no idea what I would give for a good box of Smarties. Along with the rugby, Smarties are sadly missing from my life. :sad:

Oh, well, yeah, American chocolates suck. They taste like the really crappy quality Easter eggs you can buy from dodgy discount shops like Crazy Clark's here. Seriously, those Easter eggs make me feel sick.

Judah said:
Hey, they did All Along the Watchtower as part of the encore in '81. And here i was all impressed in R&H when they made it seem like the band was just learning the chords and words in the trailer, before performing in front of the San Francisco crowd.

I think they were pretty much having to learn the words and chords at San Francisco. Watchtower was done at that encore on 1 February 1981, and that was it. When they did it in SF on 11 November 1987, they hadn't played it in nearly seven years. Given Bono's memory at least, I doubt he could've remembered any of the lines without rehearsing!

Judah said:

:ohmy: They did AATW before Rattle and Hum?
I wonder how the 21 old Bono handled the song.

Skippy the Bush Kangaroo? The Graduate? Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

:laugh::lol::lmao:

That man has (or had) some strange tastes! Although the Holy Grail is quite humourous.

The Holy Grail is bloody genius. I fart in the general direction of anyone who disagrees.

Back
Top Bottom