Bono has bad Tastes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeffo17

Acrobat
Seriously.... he says WITS is his 2nd favorite U2 song...

Common...

I am not WITS hater but gee look at all the the songs... He is saying he likes it better than any track on HTDAAB... He is saying he likes it better than WOWU, Streets, One You name it.

He must be kidding himself... has he forgot all the great music they have done in the past?

well WITS is better than any track on HTDAAB

anyway thats his opinion and its not the end of the world:shrug:

Aw, he's just excited about the new song. Give him a break and a few months' perspective. And his #1 was Stay, correct? Can't argue too much there.

Man that's him. Everyone has the right to like whatever they want to like. He's obviously excited about the new song and the new sound. Some people seem to take on every opportunity to say something negative about Bono.

Rule #1 of interpreting Bono's comments: don't take him seriously if he's talking about U2's most recent release. In fact, it's best not to take him seriously until the material in question has been out for at least a decade.

Every new song seems to be "U2's best" or "Bono's favourite" or something close to that.

You'll never meet an artist who says their previous piece is better than their current piece...

If you think otherwise you have no clue.

:shrug: He likes the song and wants to promote/hype the latest single.

And saying "2nd favourite" doesn't have to equal "2nd best U2 song".

WITS is brilliant, and I don't blame him for liking it so much. Maybe he is sick of where the streets have no name, one etc because he's heard them so many times - and is excited to hear something fresh and new?

Favourite does not equal best...

Bono is not God, he's a human, with his own opinion.

Don't count on his opinions too much please...

and I still don't get why people love One so much... it's been declared best song of the 90's in Holland yesterday, and It's still a crap song IMHO.

Why would he not want to play up the new song? Would you want him to say something like this?

"Yeah, Window in the Skies is good, but it's no Stay!"

really, he's just trying to sell the song to the people.

From what I observe, it seems that every artistic person loves the current project they are working on the most. It makes sense to me where Bono is coming from. It doesn't have much influence on why I love a new song or not. But I do love WITS regardless. Besides, how can he pick a single favorite song? Just like asking any fan they usually have difficulty narrowing it down to one song. It's painful.
As the creator of a song, it seems like it would be an impossible chose, like choosing your favorite child. Ya?
Just wait, I think WITS is headed for U2 anthem status.:wink:

Galeongirl said:
and I still don't get why people love One so much... it's been declared best song of the 90's in Holland yesterday, and It's still a crap song IMHO.

There's so much hidden meaning in these lyrics...

Is it getting better
Or do you feel the same
Will it make it easier on you now
You got someone to blame
You say...

One love
One life
When it's one need
In the night
One love
We get to share it
Leaves you baby if you
Don't care for it

Did I disappoint you
Or leave a bad taste in your mouth
You act like you never had love
And you want me to go without
Well it's...

Too late
Tonight
To drag the past out into the light
We're one, but we're not the same
We get to
Carry each other
Carry each other
One...

Have you come here for forgiveness
Have you come to raise the dead
Have you come here to play Jesus
To the lepers in your head

Did I ask too much
More than a lot
You gave me nothing
Now it's all I got
We're one
But we're not the same
Well we
Hurt each other
Then we do it again
You say
Love is a temple
Love a higher law
Love is a temple
Love the higher law
You ask me to enter
But then you make me crawl
And I can't be holding on
To what you got
When all you got is hurt

One love
One blood
One life
You got to do what you should
One life
With each other
Sisters
Brothers
One life
But we're not the same
We get to
Carry each other
Carry each other

One...life

One

...and you're calling it a crap song? To each his/her own I guess. :|

:wink:

Galeongirl said:
Favourite does not equal best...

Bono is not God, he's a human, with his own opinion.

Don't count on his opinions too much please...

Axver, is that you? :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:

Axver, is that you? :wink:

:wink: I'm his female clone, didn't you know that yet?

no, actually Achtung Baby is my favourite album, so I'm not Axver... :wink: but yea, I sorta dislike One...

Zootlesque said:
There's so much hidden meaning in these lyrics...

No, no there's not.

<Brau> F- </Brau>

U2Man said:
how awesome would it be if axver had a pleban alter? :lmao:

How awesome would it be if I kicked you in the arse for suggesting that? :happy:

Axver said:
Rule #1 of interpreting Bono's comments: don't take him seriously if he's talking about U2's most recent release. In fact, it's best not to take him seriously until the material in question has been out for at least a decade.

Every new song seems to be "U2's best" or "Bono's favourite" or something close to that.

Pretty much. :yes:

Galeongirl said:
no, actually Achtung Baby is my favourite album, so I'm not Axver... :wink: but yea, I sorta dislike One...

Agreed. The only versions I really like are Zoo TV: Sydney, Automatic Baby, and (hides) MJ Blige.

Back
Top Bottom