Bono= Glaring inconsistency

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Bono gives George Harrison "the bird" after a rant about him in the Leeds UK date on popmart tour at the beginning of the fourth song.

Then by the 21st song, he includes snippets of the self same persons 2 best known songs.

WTF is that about?

Can't someone not like the person but like the art? Why is that inconsistent? I can think of a lot of artist I'd give the finger to, but like some of their songs...

Because IMHO, you do it on front of 80 000 witnesses then celebrate their work smacks of inconsistincies in my book. Thats my opinion and you wont change it, as I wont yours!

The same day or before Gerorge Harrison wrote in a paper:

"Look at a group like U2. Bono and his band are so egocentric - the more you jump around, the bigger your hat is, the more people listen to your music. It's nothing to do with talent. Today there are groups who sell lots of records and then disappear. We will remember U2 in 30 years? Or the Spice Girls? I doubt it"

Well Spice Girls was a girlband and Georga where a member in the biggest boyband of all time.

gman said:
Bono gives George Harrison "the bird" after a rant about him in the Leeds UK date on popmart tour at the beginning of the fourth song.

Then by the 21st song, he includes snippets of the self same persons 2 best known songs.

WTF is that about?

Because, in spite of his ridiculous opinion of U2's music, George Harrison friggin rocks.

gman said:
Because IMHO, you do it on front of 80 000 witnesses then celebrate their work smacks of inconsistincies in my book. Thats my opinion and you wont change it, as I wont yours!

Well, I guess there was no point in posting the thread of you didn't want to hear his opinion. :huh:

Well, when one person disputed it, you insisted that his opinion didn't matter to you, that you aren't changing yours and your not changing his. Sort of defeats the purpose of the thread, don't you think?

And you didn't even address BVS's point, that enjoying his music doesn't mean liking the person.

gman said:
FFS..its the you cant say a word aginst u2 brigade.

Wow, who said that? You sure have a wierd way of twisting things.

So if Bono = Glaring inconsistency based on one little thing he did ten years ago, that wasn't really that inconsistent. Can we judge your posts based on this one dumb thread?

Ok philly..........am wrong......to slate someone and then sing their songs within the hour is in no way an act of, nor can it be in any way what so ever, misconstrued as an act of inconsistency! Happy now?

Gman, all I'm saying is that you started this thread, and suddenly are shocked that there's discussion. I thought that's what threads were for.

1) About 10 people questioned it.
2) You seem a bit angry that people are questioning your thoughts.
3) You described what is at best a slightly interesting tidbit as a "glaring inconsistency." As LemonMelon said, his music rocks, despite his thoughts on U2.

Nobody other than BVS questioned me on the matter. A N Other challenged me to find someone who hasnt been inconsistant. the others saw fit to question the validity of the post.
I wouldnt class myself as angry in the slightest. Do get pissed off a bit wen the usual suspects come down from above and try and belittle others posts tho. And finally, i will concede that Titles for threads has never been my strong point.

gman said:
Nobody other than BVS questioned me on the matter. A N Other challenged me to find someone who hasnt been inconsistant. the others saw fit to question the validity of the post.

:huh:

gman said:

I wouldnt class myself as angry in the slightest. Do get pissed off a bit wen the usual suspects come down from above and try and belittle others posts tho.

If there was any belittling it first came from you...

I'm not baiting you. Seriously. I honestly don't have any clue as to what your issue is with me. I simply asked you a question and you started reacting angrily towards me. If that's how you react in real life, I feel sorry for those around you...

George Harrison, Eric Clapton, and Win Butler suck. I'm going to boycott all of their music now.

It is possible to not like an artist, but like their music. Vincent Van Gogh was a freak, but I can still enjoy Starry Night... if that makes any sense.

george harrison? who is he? isn't he the guy that lennon and mcCartney used to stand if front of when they were in the original NSYNC?
oops, did i call the beatles NSYNC? my bad. please, someone hurry up. call the u2nicorns, call chuck norris. tell him to bring a cookie.

Back
Top Bottom