Bono= Glaring inconsistency

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We can all learn a lesson from George. Never criticize someone by ridiculously exaggerating your point. It makes you sound breathlessly angry and envious.

He might dislike U2, which is fine, but to question the durability of a band who's been successful for 30 years, continues to sellout across the globe, has had countless #1 albums and has won more grammies than any other rock band in history...is just a little sad.

kingofsorrow said:
george harrison? who is he? isn't he the guy that lennon and mcCartney used to stand if front of when they were in the original NSYNC?
oops, did i call the beatles NSYNC? my bad. please, someone hurry up. call the u2nicorns, call chuck norris. tell him to bring a cookie.

Unicron is angry.

LPU2 said:
We can all learn a lesson from George. Never criticize someone by ridiculously exaggerating your point. It makes you sound breathlessly angry and envious.

He might dislike U2, which is fine, but to question the durability of a band who's been successful for 30 years, continues to sellout across the globe, has had countless #1 albums and has won more grammies than any other rock band in history...is just a little sad.

Well, at the time, it was 17 years, and he was very critical of their more recent stuff, so at the time, it made a little more sense then you are giving him credit for.

It's still idiotic, but not quite that idiotic.

In the grand scheme of things, how important are the Grammy's tho? I get the feeling it is very much a case of.......if yer face fits

gman said:
In the grand scheme of things, how important are the Grammy's tho? I get the feeling it is very much a case of.......if yer face fits

They help record sales, which is the only way to truly categorize greatness.

Because Music isn't one of the only truly subjective things ever.

I think in the music industry, thus is par for the course.
A way of bringing attention, fans buying magazines and etc. But, behind the scenes. I think it is a different story.

In the sixties, the press made a big deal of "Beatles vs. Stones. Where as in actuality, the two bands. Were great friends. Feuds tend to make better reading material.

Back
Top Bottom