Bono Gets Pissed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pvanort

The Fly
I think I posted this somewhere around here a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, but no one was ever able to answer this, and since there seems to be more than a few new interferencers around... Does anyone know exactly what happened, that set Bono off, during the famous (or infamous heh, heh) 'Bono Gets Pissed' version of 'People Get Ready'???...

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

[This message has been edited by pvanort (edited 02-01-2002).]

It's a live bootleg recording of 'People Get Ready' the band did several years ago. In the middle of the song Bono snaps and starts yelling at someone (I believe an audience member) and threatens to have him kicked out. I don't know what this was all about hence this post...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

No, I think the guy was heckling the band. I don't know the whole story, but Bono says at the beginning of the song, "If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya..." (See my signature.)

If you have never heard this recording, incidentally, I recommend it.
wink.gif

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

I THINK it was in Tokyo. I remember talking to someone about this over a year ago. I don't think it was anytime after Lovetown......in fact, i think it was during Lovetown.
Ofcourse we'd need proper verification.
Bless ya!
WHYWHY

When i was reading the concert documentary book the concert in Osaka, Japan 1989-12-01 someone was getting voilent in the audience bono yelled at him several times then told him to get out.
i don`t know weather thats the same show your talking about but i`m looking for somewhere to download it cause it`s a soundboard

yep just found it ftp://rtcFree:free@www.relivetheconcert.com/U2/

lovetown tour japan 1989-12-01 people get ready. bono said one more piece of shit out of you your out of here.

I remember downloading this off Napster!
biggrin.gif
I just love how Bono says "leave him for one more and he's F*cken outta here" Or something like that..LOL He sounds so well, *cute* when he swears!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Rhythm is the sex of music" - Edge

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Thanks for the tip! I'm downloading right now. It's always fun when Bono gets pissed ... I have a version Springhill Mining Disaster on MP3 where Bono gets pissed at a fan who keeps screaming during the song.

------------------
"I still can't play guitar
How the hell did I get this far?"

~Bono, Detroit

There is no way we could possibly do infinity push-ups.

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Thanks for the tip! I'm downloading right now. It's always fun when Bono gets pissed ... I have a version Springhill Mining Disaster on MP3 where Bono gets pissed at a fan who keeps screaming during the song.

I had that one (lost it in a spring cleaning or something
wink.gif
). If I remember correctly, I think Bono says something like "Knock it off with the screaming already, this isn't the Beatles, this is U2 here!" And gets a nice cheer for that.

I know this is sorta off topic but I heard that Springsteen was playing a concert in NJ in 1999. People had all kinds of signs asking for 'Rosie' to be played. He said, "Put those fucking signs down....I'm not a jukebox"

Back
Top Bottom