Bono (Do you think he's been faithful to Ali?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I've always wonder this. I've been dating my girlfriend for 10 years and sometimes it's hard to avoid "temptation". But I've done it.

Yet, I'm not a rock star. I'm not as good looking, charming... as Bono.

It seems that in the song NEW YORK, Bono sort of mentions that he cheated on her.

I don't know.

I mean he's been married for over 20 years, has 4 kids. But he's a rock star.

I like to believe he's so cool, he doesn't need to fuck anyone else. But it's hard to believe at the same time.

What do you think?

Wow. What colorful language. I firmly believe he's very faithful to her. Always has been, always will be. I do believe I do I do I do!

So other than the "An Cat Dubh" girl, I guess Ali's been it?

That is assuming that the meaning behind that song that I read is the truth.

Last edited:
corianderstem said:
How come no one ever wonders if Ali has cheated on Bono?
We may have wondered, but the question was about Bono. And I also think Ali is, was and always will be faithful to Bono, too.

Bono's written a lot of songs about breaking up and things like that, but how would he know what it's like when he's never even done it before? that always puzzled me

We may have wondered, but the question was about Bono.

Well yes, I did read the original post, thank you. I chose not to answer that question and posed my own instead.

Bono's written a lot of songs about breaking up and things like that, but how would he know what it's like when he's never even done it before?

Hogwash. If I write a novel about a serial killer, does that mean I must have killed someone?

Last edited:
corianderstem said:
Hogwash. If I write a novel about a serial killer, does that mean I must have killed someone?

Very true. I have written a novel about a serial killer and have not killed a soul.

discothequeLP said:
Bono's written a lot of songs about breaking up and things like that, but how would he know what it's like when he's never even done it before? that always puzzled me
You're obviously not a writer. Do you think the person who wrote Halloween had to become a psychotic killer to write that?

only a man with the most impeccable moral track record actually gets to give fly shades to the pope and have him actually put them on.
and then is given the pope's rosary beads.

now, bono is no saint, but I don't think he's cheats on his wife.

it's just not ........him....; it would be TOO easy.

There are plenty of stories and rumours and whatever certainly plenty of lyrics that can be read into (and even comments from himself), but in the end? Believe what you want to believe from some of those songs, because that's as specific as it's going to get, otherwise, none of your business.

I can't believe it took until the second page of this thread for someone to say "it's none of your business"!

:wink:

And don't forget, The Edge's divorce gave him lots of lyrics. He didn't have to go through a divorce to write them. He's a very passionate person and a passionate poet has a gift of feeling and making others feel what he's writing.

Well ... Bono DID hump that camera during UTEOTW.

Do affairs with inanimate objects count? :wink:

U2 are a band that are damned lucky to not get really any tabloid attention. Can you think of anyone else that famous who are pretty much ignored by the paparazzi/gossip press?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom