Bono defending REM......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
I saw this in paper yesterday, pic of him with REM at court.......dunno, never saw this around on the forum, so although u all know, blargh!

SOURCE SAY******

Bono has told a London court that he has never seen his friend Peter Buck of REM, drunk or taking drugs.

Standing as a character witness at Buck's trial for assault, the U2 front man described how peaceful and quiet his rock friend really is.

"I have never seen him drunk and absolutely have never seen him taking drugs", intimated Bono.

He told the court he had known Peter Buck since 1985, when U2 and REM played at the Milton Keyes Bowl. The two bands had since become friendly.

He said: "We've played with them a number of times. Our work has been in parallel for a number of years. They are one of the few groups who have the same longevity as us. There has been a certain amount of social interchange because we like each others company".

Buck has denied two charges of assault, one charge of being drunk on an aircraft and a third charge of criminal damage. It is alleged that he became abusive and assaulted members of the cabin crew.

He was arrested on arrival at Heathrow airport.

Buck denies the charges saying he cannot remember anything after taking a sedative Zolpidem and five glasses of red wine. When asked what he thought of the accusations, Bono replied: "Of all the people in the music industry I couldn't believe my ears and eyes. It didn't add up and I just wanted to stand up and be counted. This is ridiculous I just don't know what happened. It was a very bizarre event and unusual".

"He is a very quiet man. This may embarrass him but I had to come here and say it". The trial continues at Isleworth Crown Court in London.

We've even seen pictures!!!
wink.gif

*smooch

(((AW Maddie)))) not again! Just remember, we here are RABID FANATICS and all the news stories and pics that are found are posted the minute it shows up on the wires, so a few days later it is already old news and an old thread. Yes, some of us do spend our lives looking for such things.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom