Bono Creates MacPhisto On This Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spanisheyes

Forum Moderator, The Goal Is Soul
Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, and Berlin
First things first... on May 7, 1984, U2 starts on 'The Unforgettable Fire'...U2 begin recording The Unforgettable Fire album at Slane Castle north of Dublin. The band chooses Slane after seeing the magnificent ballroom, and hopes they will be inspired by the non-traditional setting of recording in a castle. Located about an hour north of Dublin, the castle is close enough to home, but gives the band breathing room away from Dublin.

May 7, 1993: U2 rehearses, Bono creates MacPhisto...U2 play a dress-rehearsal for the upcoming European tour in front of a small group of fans at Feyenoord Stadium in Rotterdam, Netherlands. Bono creates a new character for the European tour, and wears a red version of his black, leather "Fly" outfit. When the tour begins, this new character would be called "MacPhisto" and would not wear the same costume tried out tonight, instead donning a gold lame suit and devil's horns. So...Happy Birthday to MacPhisto!

The set included: Zoo Station, The Fly, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Mysterious Ways, One-Unchained Melody, New Year's Day, Van Diemen's Land, Bullet The Blue Sky, Running to Stand Still, Where the Streets..., Pride, Desire...and in front of a small group of fans, how awesome that must have been!

Chris

what did macphisto sing if that's the set list?
where the streets have no name?
wink.gif

Originally posted by spanisheyes:
Bono creates a new character for the European tour, and wears a red version of his black, leather "Fly" outfit. When the tour begins, this new character would be called "MacPhisto" and would not wear the same costume tried out tonight, instead donning a gold lame suit and devil's horns. So...Happy Birthday to MacPhisto!

This is the red one, for those who had never seen it before, I think it?s great.

redfly.jpg

Thanks Maria for the pic...I had recently seen it, but hadn't realized it was from this particular concert until I read this information about this particular show.

And Carrie...thanks, we can always count on you for the great pics!

Chris

Back
Top Bottom