Bono being dirty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
biff said:

Where exactly in PLEBA, what thread? That's a big and scary place!
Why, b'c the name of it sounds like something to do with femalia monthlies? Or b'c everyone appears to be on spanish fly? :wink:

OMG you guys! These aren't sexual references.

Well, I think some of them definitely aren't, but those last few I would think are meant to be the double entendres they are. My guess is that Bono worded the lyrics that way with a wink and a nod.

OK, I found the joke from the "nude" interview:

Dave Fanning: Ah we're going to get somebody on the phone, but before we do, Bono tell us a joke will you.

Bono: What joke?

Dave: The one you just told us.

Bono: That is a dirty joke.

Dave: Ah it's not that dirty, go on give us it again.

Bono: I tell you it's Gavin told me, on the way here!

Edge: Go on blame Gavin! Come on.

Bono: (heavy Oirish accent) Well it was Bernie and Trect (??) actually, Bernie and Trect in fact who were on their summer holidays as you know, and anyway, they wanted - I think it was Bernie wanted to bring back home a dog, you know? A pet dog. Anyway, so she's bringing it back, you know? And she bought a skunk by mistake, you know? And at the result, Tractor(?) said You know that's not a dog youve got, a little puppy, that's in fact a skunk!' She says Oh, I'll be caught at the Irish customs,' she says, I'd better hide it.' She says Where will I hide it?' She says I'll put it in me knickers'. So, Bernie' he says, Jeeze that's an awful smell!' She says If it dies, it dies.' (laughter) That is a bit dirty for the air.

Edge: That's disgusting, Bono.

Bono: It's just as well we're not on the air actually.

Of course, they WERE on the air!

:laugh:

biff said:
OK, I found the joke from the "nude" interview:

Dave Fanning: Ah we're going to get somebody on the phone, but before we do, Bono tell us a joke will you.

Bono: What joke?

Dave: The one you just told us.

Bono: That is a dirty joke.

Dave: Ah it's not that dirty, go on give us it again.

Bono: I tell you it's Gavin told me, on the way here!

Edge: Go on blame Gavin! Come on.

Bono: (heavy Oirish accent) Well it was Bernie and Trect (??) actually, Bernie and Trect in fact who were on their summer holidays as you know, and anyway, they wanted - I think it was Bernie wanted to bring back home a dog, you know? A pet dog. Anyway, so she's bringing it back, you know? And she bought a skunk by mistake, you know? And at the result, Tractor(?) said You know that's not a dog youve got, a little puppy, that's in fact a skunk!' She says Oh, I'll be caught at the Irish customs,' she says, I'd better hide it.' She says Where will I hide it?' She says I'll put it in me knickers'. So, Bernie' he says, Jeeze that's an awful smell!' She says If it dies, it dies.' (laughter) That is a bit dirty for the air.

Edge: That's disgusting, Bono.

Bono: It's just as well we're not on the air actually.

Of course, they WERE on the air!

:laugh:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Flanagan asked Bono about his sexual references in Achtung Baby and Bono says, "69 is the most equal position!" Before running off so he wouldn't get asked more questions.
If you don't believe me, read the book *U2 At The End Of The World*.

That sodomy one is hilarious!

typhoon said:
Did I disappoint you or leave a bad taste in your mouth?

Surrounding me, going down on me...

And you can swallow, or you can spit...

(Some interpretation necessary.)

Where is the last one from?

xtal said:
Bill Flanagan asked Bono about his sexual references in Achtung Baby and Bono says, "69 is the most equal position!" Before running off so he wouldn't get asked more questions.
If you don't believe me, read the book *U2 At The End Of The World*.

That sodomy one is hilarious!

I'm still disappointed that they didn't call the "Achtung Baby" album what they used as a temporary title:

"68 and I'll owe you one"

:p

Where I grew up
There weren't many trees
Where there was we'd tear them down
And use them on our enemies

Bono being not only dirty but sick:wink:

They're doing the atomic bomb,

More filth.........

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses lmao

Originally posted by typhoon
Did I disappoint you or leave a bad taste in your mouth?

Surrounding me, going down on me...

And you can swallow, or you can spit...

(Some interpretation necessary.)

Originally posted by Cooper2000

....or leave a bad taste in your mouth for instance, Was being with me a bad experience for you? Did I leave you bitter?

Surrounding me, going down on me--Taken out of context it can sound dirty. Read the lines before it. He's talking about his sorrows, that he's overcome with them. His emotions are flooded with his sorrows, running over with sorrows, drowining in them, etc.

And you can swallow
Or you can spit
You can throw it up
Or choke on it
:

He gave some brutal realities in the stanza before that and he's telling her in *this* stanza, you can believe it, or not, you can accept it or not. You can just put up with it, or you can change it...Or you can let it choke you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom