Bono bashing at smh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akann

Acrobat
Don't know if this is the right place to post this topic or if it has been posted already, but there is an interesting discussion going on in the Sydney Morning Herald (Australia's biggest paper) website about Bono's charity work. To be fair, I would say that 60% of the people there agree with what he is doing but a lot are knocking him down as usual. Here's your chance to defend the man u2 people!!

http://blogs.smh.com.au/newsblog/archives/global_grabs/008570.html

The quote to remember regarding Bono and africa

" The poor can't help the poor"

I put in my 2 cents over there. Looks like he's fighting an uphill battle. As a consequence of not being to Australia in a while it seems those Aussies aren't used to their concerts being political in any way...

I can't be bothered contributing to the smh blog, but my 2c on this, and its what I openly tell Bono bashers, is that politicians the world over have not solved poverty so don't crap on someone else for trying. So what if he is an entertainer and very well off compared to the rest of us. How can anyone criticise any efforts that might lead to less poverty! I don't believe Bono ever claims to have answers so you can't criticise him on that basis.

If we believe Bono then the politicians do indeed have it in their powers to do more so why shoot the messenger? It all gets back to the heart of Bono's message: politicians have to do what we tell them. If we are so apathetic as to shoot the messenger then Africa is doomed.

Last edited:
AndrewCowley said:
I can't be bothered contributing to the smh blog, but my 2c on this, and its what I openly tell Bono bashers, is that politicians the world over have not solved poverty so don't crap on someone else for trying. So what if he is an entertainer and very well off compared to the rest of us. How can anyone criticise any efforts that might lead to less poverty! I don't believe Bono ever claims to have answers so you can't criticise him on that basis.

If we believe Bono then the politicians do indeed have it in their powers to do more so why shoot the messenger? It all gets back to the heart of Bono's message: politicians have to do what we tell them. If we are so apathetic as to shoot the messenger then Africa is doomed.

brilliantly put! I'll be sure to use those points against a friend when one of them goes on their next bono tirade!

doctorwho said:
Maybe U2 should visit more often to get the people of Australia to think more frequently. After all, look how many visits it took to the U.S. before we dolts FINALLY started to get it!

I totally Agree with you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom