Bono at the Top Marques event in Monaco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't believe the kind of discussion that is going on here just because Bono was pictured in a car.

Oh wait, actually I can believe it. I just forgot for a while which forum I'm in.

Of course a little picture is enough to start all the Bono bashing all over again.

And of course a lot of people here claim to know everything about Bono when, in fact, they don't know anything.

Personally, I don't miss the "old" Bono because I think he's more himself now than he has ever been, and quite frankly I'm very proud of who he is.

I hate nostalgia, I hate to be stuck in the past, as I person I want to develop and move on, without people always saying: I liked you much more when you were younger. Thank God we all are growing, maturing, changing.

financeguy said:

If Bono really believed what he was preaching, he'd be a poor man, which he clearly isn't, so unfortunately I'd have to conclude that he is a bit of a hypocrite.

:lmao:

financeguy said:

We, as taxpayers, fund the governments of our respective countries.

Accordingly, if Bono is demanding money from OUR governments, it is, ultimately, coming out of OUR POCKETS. That is a simple economic fact of life.

1. Pretty sure Bono pays personal taxes.

2. Pretty sure he does in fact contribute way more money than you'll probably set eyes upon.

Therefore, I must conclude that you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

:lol:

financeguy said:
If Bono really believed what he was preaching, he'd be a poor man, which he clearly isn't, so unfortunately I'd have to conclude that he is a bit of a hypocrite.

I'm going to have to listen to Bono more closely next time. I never heard him preach that everyone should be poor, more like everyone should get a fair shake, "it's not about charity, it's about justice".

financeguy said:

You've had some really bad logic and fuzzy math lately but this one takes the cake...

:lmao:

^ much like that dude in Grade 8 algebra who kept trying to prove that since everyone who's anyone knows that 2 = 1 and that 1 actually really does = 0 and that 1 + 1 can = 0, then 2 also = 0.

1 + 2 still = 3, however. I found that devastatingly impossible to rationalize, personally.

financeguy said:

What I do see quite a lot wrong with is that Bono wants to put his hand into OUR pockets, take OUR money, and give it to the Third World, WHEN HE'S NOT PREPARED TO DO THE SAME THING HIMSELF.

I don't want to be nasty, but...
What planet are u living on??

Do you really expect him to come out say "I've donated this amount...and this amount" Come on, get real. I hope maybe you were just joking although your screen name does make me wonder....BTW, how did a thread about Bono at an auto show get turned into this anyway?

The ensuing discussion has made me see the light. Thanks to chatter about Bono's wealth and charity business, I now understand that his hair is completely awful.

Thanks a lot, you guys. Way to ruin it.

:tsk:

popacrobat said:
leave pleba in pleba
I'll PLEBA you! :madwife:

bonojtmoodybighair.jpg

The hair was MASSIVE.

Doesn't everyone have an inflatable/unchangeable Bono doll like I do? :shrug:

Sometimes I take him to movies, and pretend we're going to a film from 1988. (Even though it will really be a current-day, modern-type film.) I'll usually buy a popcorn/drink combo for $13, at which time Bono will whisper in my ear and ask how much I paid for that. I'll laugh, and say, "$7, just like we did for the Rattle and Hum premiere...hee-heeeee!"

corianderstem said:
The ensuing discussion has made me see the light. Thanks to chatter about Bono's wealth and charity business, I now understand that his hair is completely awful.

Thanks a lot, you guys. Way to ruin it.

:tsk:

Yeah, there's alot of chain yanking going on around here.

These people aren't nearly as stupid as the quotes I've read from them that they got from the multitude of articles and or blogs slagging off on Bono. They've nothing else to do.
This is just their strange sense of amusement at everyone, who is outraged and responding, expense.
I ain't playing. :tongue:

Edited to say:
Sweet - DOL.. :up:

Last edited:
angelordevil said:

Sometimes I take him to movies, and pretend we're going to a film from 1988. (Even though it will really be a current-day, modern-type film.) I'll usually buy a popcorn/drink combo for $13, at which time Bono will whisper in my ear and ask how much I paid for that. I'll laugh, and say, "$7, just like we did for the Rattle and Hum premiere...hee-heeeee!"
WHAT? :lmao:

angelordevil said:

Where, er, how do you inflate him???? :ohmy: Just out of interest, like...

Me too :evil: although I think I already have my own imaginary life and conversations with Bono :eek: :reject: maybe this should be in PLEBA :lol:

last unicorn said:

Personally, I don't miss the "old" Bono because I think he's more himself now than he has ever been, and quite frankly I'm very proud of who he is.

Yes, that's what I'd call "Pride", too.:lol: – what nonsense! We really need an album; this thread has turned into a laughter:censored:

^I think you're being rude again, sorry. Not that I take you very seriously after all your recent posts, but this is the second time you've insulted someone in this thread.
YOUR attitude here is laughable.

And yes, we need an album so people stop starting crappy discussions.

last unicorn said:
^I think you're being rude again, sorry. Not that I take you very seriously after all your recent posts, but this is the second time you've insulted someone in this thread.
YOUR attitude here is laughable.

:yes: this basically sums him up...

last unicorn said:
Not that I take you very seriously after all your recent posts, ... YOUR attitude here is laughable.

Thanx for the flowers, also @BonoVox Superstar – but you get them back. If I write clear words to defend myself, i'm called rude. If you do insult me ("Your attitude is laughable"; "crappy discussion"), it's fine. That's what I call double-faced logic. But you know what: I still laugh about it – and still miss the 'old' Bono & some more tolerant people here in this forum. In the end it's about respect, respect of indifference, respect of different opinions. :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom