Bono As MacPhisto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
So...further ponderings from Zoo Sydney....

He's really really good. I mean, I groan out loud and cringe and close my eyes at the thought of most rock musicians/rock stars acting too. I don't know why, it just...what makes them think they can? But Bono...he's good.

Macphisto had a totally different voice, body carriage :)drool:), mannerisms. Bono had it down. Bravo! :) I think if he wanted to, he might could pull off a full movie role. (But I'd rather him either in the White House or the studio. :D)

SD

[color=royal blue]Bono def. works :) I remember discussing this with someone. It's like if Scott Stapp or Axl Rose or someone tried pulling something like that off, they'd either lose the entire fan base or just not be taken seriously. With Bono, I mean there's a POINT behind it. He's not dressing up like a sunflower like Genesis did.....well I don't know a lot about Genesis so maybe there was a point to that. Anyway. There's just that balance bt knowing there's a point to it and then also having a good time with it.

Biggest love to Axl...;)
[/color]

mmmm MacPhisto

m22.jpg

How can anyone not be placed into a trace by MacPhisto..... his style....his whole persona...and damn his looks!! :drool: :drool:

[color=royal blue]I wanna dress up as MacPhisto with a few people and then all go bowling or something.

I DO have gold glitter shoes...
[/color]

My man is damn good!

Sherry Darling said:

He's really really good.
Macphisto had a totally different voice, body carriage :)drool:), mannerisms. Bravo! :) I think if he wanted to, he might could pull off a full movie role. (But I'd rather him either in the White House or the studio. :D)

SD
Yeah. Thats why I married him.:macdevil:

When I first saw Bono on the cover of a magazine that said 'the devil in U2' as MacPhisto I was like, :huh: :cconfused: What's up with that? Remember there was no Mac in US shows and we had no internet (well I had no computer if there was some U2 stuff) to find out about the European shows, so it wasn't until the ZOO TV Sydney tape came out that I saw him, and I loved him! He was so cool and so much fun! I loved Bono even more for creating him!

Oh my God! A MacPhisto thread! And I didn't see it!

:drool: :drool: He's.........unique. Great. Amazing. Wonderful. Brilliant. Sexy. Dark. Sad. :drool:

Ummm....what was the thread about? Oh yeah, Bono did MacPhisto completely different in Zoo TV than other stars acted in other personas. MacPhisto had an entire background behind it!

Long life MacPhisto!

:heart: :mac: :heart:

Gotta love Macphisto and hearing from people who never had the chance to see him live, I kinda feel very happy- hew as truly a cheeky character, below is my fave Macphisto pic- one day I want to get it blown up into a huge poster to put in my bedroom- I just love it and I will post tomorrow a pic of Macphisto that was taken from the concert I went to back in 93- it is a pic of Mac on the front page of the Sunday paper- it really is a nice pic, but I just have to get it from home and bring it to work to scan, but anyway I hope you enjoy the below pic:drool:

72.jpg

I love Mac
i like how he is dark and Mysterious
and u are left wondering about him like he is realy troubled and stuff
U are right about Bono, he takes on the character perfectly it realy is flawless

ATTENTION JEMEVANS- ANGELFIRE AND TRIPOD DO NOT ALLOW THEIR IMAGES TO BE LINKED TO MESSAGE BOARDS- it's not your computer. They just won't post here. Neither will Geocities.

Last edited:
MacPhisto is cool! Bono put on a good character. He designed him with Gavin. Did you ever notice he rarely moves his eyes, he just keeps them kind of staring straight ahead and turns his head to look but doesn't blink or glance around. His exaggerated grin and body movements all give him kind of an animated look. I also like the way he's constantly wiping the dripping makeup out of his eyes as the sweat dissolves it down his face. I think he's sexy.

Attachments

• macphisto_eyes.jpg
    macphisto_eyes.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 97
U2Kitten said:
Did you ever notice he rarely moves his eyes, he just keeps them kind of staring straight ahead and turns his head to look but doesn't blink or glance around. His exaggerated grin and body movements all give him kind of an animated look.

Never realized that consciously, but now that you mention it... :D

I also like the way he's constantly wiping the dripping makeup out of his eyes as the sweat dissolves it down his face. I think he's sexy. [/B]

:drool: :drool: :drool:
You don't have to just think this - he simply is sexy-------right next to The Fly..... :drool: No.....better than the Fly..........?

FallingStar said:

:drool: :drool: :drool:
You don't have to just think this - he simply is sexy-------right next to The Fly..... :drool: No.....better than the Fly..........?

Yes, it is sexy! But more than the Fly? They're both so hot, I really can't pick. The Fly may just be the ultimate in sexiness but MacPhisto is drop dead sexy too!:drool:

adamswildhoney said:

okay, where do u live and I will come see u!:lol:

Winchester in the UK! lol mind you I keep meaning to dress like that for Halloween maybe this year I will! just gotta find a gold suit and platform boots! facepaint and devil horns are easy to find!

Hmm wonder how I would look! lol!

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 70
another try:

Bono becomes MacPhisto....

machmakeup.jpg

......and is ready for the show!

machsing.jpg

:mac: is visiting the Vatikan and thinks what the hell is this?

machvat.gif

Back
Top Bottom