bono appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, Australia and New Zealand are so far ahead of the rest of the world that I adjusted for time zone differences. Did I make a mistake? Happy 2004 then! :wave:

Sarcasm. :drool:

i cannot believe you guys are three years ahead of us. must be a weird flight to australia.

The jetlag's worse if you go to Edge's house. You end up in the next century!

I like Bono's voice. I like his lyrics. I think his heart's in the right place. I like Bono. Gosh darnit, I just like U2. :cute:

IMO, he’s the greatest singer in the world with a heart of gold. Sure he makes mistakes and say's crazy things, but I think that makes him more likeable. I don't think he's a hypocrite; he's a good person with faults, just like everybody else.
Happy New Year to everybody!
:hug:

it doesnt seem like bono gets a lot of appreciation around these parts, eh?

Anyone who trashes Bono is a loungechair quarterback with their head so far up their ass that they can't appreciate greatness when they see it.

So he talks a lot. :shrug: The guy is one hell of an incredible performer and an amazing man. :applaud:

Yeah, he talks a lot and often comes off cheesy. That's probably his single greatest weakness.

But I can't deny that he is one hell of a performer who knows how to stay relevant in people's lives. :up:

JCoster..you got it bad for Bono

Take two aspirin and send me some Bono pics in the morning

I love Bono

he's got the best voice ever, his heart's in the right place, he comes up with some lyrics that hit home, and he ain't bad lookin' either

you'd think this is stating the obvious since we're on a U2 forum, but U2man is right, the majority of EYKIW seem to have taken a strong disliking to Bono... yeah he talks a lot, but I think it's kind of funny how he just sort of says whatever. he talks bullshit but not in the deceiving politician sort of way. he's very honest and aware of how people perceive him, but he doesnt let that get to him. I like honest people. despite the rock star persona, there's not much fake about him.

Axver said:
Who's Bono?

There's always one... :tsk:

And yes - at all Australian airports there's a big sign saying "Welcome to the World of Tomorrow!" They hand out shiny silver clothes with rings around the shoulders as you get off the plane. Or maybe that's at Edge's place...

Anyway. Hats off to Bono. :up:

JCOSTER said:

Hey at least I'm consistant your talking 26 years of lovin!:wink:

I am with you on that one! :up: I have the piss ripped out of me all the time about him "oh he's so old!" "I can't see what you see in him?" "it's not like he's good looking is it?"

COME ON! GIVE ME A BREAK! The man is a fine wine that get's better with age! For the past 28 years that man had "Done it" for me, and WHY change a good thing? the man still rocks :rockon:

When I met him at Abbey Road, the one thing that blew me away (not just lusting after him) was his complete humility! :drool:

Viva Bono!

captainbono.gif

:rockon:

Few "stars" give as much of themselves to their audience as Bono...he lives to give. How many celebrities of his magnitude would make such an effort to meet fans while on tour? So many fans, each wanting a Magic Moment with the B-Man, and he tries to shake hands or say hello or even hug as many of them as possible. It's like he wants to meet us as much as we want to meet him.

Of course, his efforts to help Africa also prove his giving nature. He also appears to be a loving husband and father, which goes a long way in my book.

Most of all, he has given us music that, for so many of us, is the soundtrack of our lives. The world can seem like a bad, worrisome, upsetting place...then you hear a U2 song while waiting at a bank, or on line at the supermarket, or while driving in your car, and suddenly, everything seems alright again.

I love this man. I love this band. The world is a better place because Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry are in it.

Anji said:

I am with you on that one! :up: I have the piss ripped out of me all the time about him "oh he's so old!" "I can't see what you see in him?" "it's not like he's good looking is it?"

COME ON! GIVE ME A BREAK! The man is a fine wine that get's better with age! For the past 28 years that man had "Done it" for me, and WHY change a good thing? the man still rocks :rockon:

When I met him at Abbey Road, the one thing that blew me away (not just lusting after him) was his complete humility! :drool:

Viva Bono!

It doesn't seem to phase him that we are drooling over him, I was afraid that he was going to hear my thumping!!! The man literally make me weak in the knees. :drool:

BTW: I also get the same crap from people.:madspit:

I was nervous too when i met him :reject:

Im never gonna forget the moment when i was outside Abbey Road studios at 10.30pm on Wednesday night in Setember.
Seeing the silver Mercedes' being shuffled around in the parking lot and seeing movemts studio's reception through the window.
Everyone one was looking on and i was front of the crowd agaisnt the fence, and i distinctly remember hearing someone behind me say ''here comes Bono'' then seeing the man himself walking down the steps to us was just incredbile.

DSCF0252.jpg

Bono, you fucking rock, dude :rockon: :rockon:

I'll never forget the moment when on the balcony of the Kahala hotel in Hawaii, he was having a convo with some people and we were sitting right near him. On his way out, he glanced at me, looked away and looked back at me and gave a smile and wave. Seeing that crooked smile and the little wave after being sung to the night before at the concert was frickin' amazing.

We love you Bono, may you have a looooong and healthy life! :heart:

Back
Top Bottom