Bono and politics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dabiggestu2fan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I am very proud of bono for all the efforts he is doing to try to make this world a better place don't get me wrong but does anyone esle think lately he is taking i way too far?? I mean he seems to be getting too much into politics and I never liked politicians myself and now seeing him talking to all the presidents and priministers gives me that feeling that he is a politician! I think that Bono right now should take a look at his fanbase and fix the problems caused by yestardays mess which i think is a direct cause of him paying too much attention to politics and not enough to his actual fans.

Bono come back to the music don't become a "dodgy politician!"

MHO,
Nico

I know I will probably get flamed for this but its how i feel

You know, it's weird, because I always give mad props to people like Bono and Angelina Jolie, who have money and celebrity and actually use it to do something good -- but I think you're right, I think it is getting a little out of hand. As Larry said, it would only take one crap album from U2 to destroy Bono's credibility in that realm, and I think the same goes for the ticket fiasco. He has clout because he's a big celebrity. He's a big celebrity because he has lots of fans. He should make sure he's treating those fans great like he always used to, or he's not going to be able to get much else done.

While I believe he absolutely should be working for the causes he believes in, I think if the band's going on a world tour he should be apprised of everything that going on with his band and make sure that everything's running smoothly before he ambles off to G8 to talk to some dodgy politicians.

Also, he spent all that time with Bush just to have Bush renege on his promise to give all that money to AIDS, a lot of good that did. I'm not sure that was the best use of his time.

That said, I still love him and think he is the absolute greatest. And I love the way he is so positive on America and America's abilities and potential, when the rest of the world hates us so much right now (and I can't really blame them).

thousandfold said:
You know, it's weird, because I always give mad props to people like Bono and Angelina Jolie, who have money and celebrity and actually use it to do something good -- but I think you're right, I think it is getting a little out of hand. As Larry said, it would only take one crap album from U2 to destroy Bono's credibility in that realm, and I think the same goes for the ticket fiasco. He has clout because he's a big celebrity. He's a big celebrity because he has lots of fans. He should make sure he's treating those fans great like he always used to, or he's not going to be able to get much else done.

While I believe he absolutely should be working for the causes he believes in, I think if the band's going on a world tour he should be apprised of everything that going on with his band and make sure that everything's running smoothly before he ambles off to G8 to talk to some dodgy politicians.

Also, he spent all that time with Bush just to have Bush renege on his promise to give all that money to AIDS, a lot of good that did. I'm not sure that was the best use of his time.

aid, I still lovThat se him and think he is the absolute greatest. And I love the way he is so positive on America and America's abilities and potential, when the rest of the world hates us so much right now (and I can't really blame them).
whatever gave you the idea that the rest of the world hates the USA?

boystupidboy said:

whatever gave you the idea that the rest of the world hates the USA?

Well, ya'll in the UK have a similar situation with the Iraq debacle, so not as much over there, but I know the rest of the world has really lost a lot of respect for America. Bono has often talked about the recent tarnish on "Brand America."

Back
Top Bottom