Bono & Michael Hutchence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alicesydney

Babyface
Hello everyone !
I think U2 is a great band!
Last week I bought Michael Hutchence solo album and beside the fact that the whole album is great , "Slide away" with Bono is really a wonderful piece! A few weeks ago I got my hands on Bono's biography and I have to say I was really touched by the way he reacted to the loss of his friend! I could say I even love him more for this! I did not know that "Stuck in a moment...." was in fact written in the loving memory of Mr. Hutchence!
Yes, as you might have guessed I love what Inxs used to be, but I also very much enjoy listening to U2 music!
By the way, love the new video! Larry is so sexy! Love & peace to all of you out there !

"Slide Away" is one of my favorite songs. It is so beautiful and the meaning of it is just so intense. Michael Hutchence was a geat singer and excellent performer. I was lucky enought to see INXS when Michael was a part of them, and I cherish the program I bought at that show, many years ago.
Bono and Michael had an intense friendship and you can tell how much Bono cared with Slide Away and Stuck. Both amazing songs!

"You burn across the sky and I'd find you wings to fly"

I have that CD as well, and I love it. "Slide Away" always brings tears to my eyes though...:sad:

I've only know Slide Away really well from that album.. it is a painfully brilliant song though, especially when you know what happened.

And yes, Stuck is written for Michael.. which is why I hate the US video for it. it cheapens it in my mind.

Welcome to the board!

The Michael Hutchence Solo album has to be one of my all-time favorite albums. The songs are just so funky, soulful, and the way music should be. I find it amazing how Bono never actually wrote his part in "Slide Away". According to his interview in the VH1's Behind the Music on Hutchence - Bono just sang the words outloud to himself and then one more time with feeling. Probably my favorite Bono vocal for all-time.

-[z]-

Back
Top Bottom