Bono and Michael Hutchence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
After the ZOO TV tour, Bono sported glasses that were to 'help' his eyes from being harmed by the lights on POPMART and so on...

However, during the show of 1997 in Mexico City, Bono was supposed to do a duet with Michael, but Michael, died of a wrongful death.

After that, I think Bono started to pay tribute to Michael by sporting part of his look...

Here are a few pics of Michael...

646.jpg

michael_hutchence_gallery__355x550.jpg

But also a few pics...

Michael Hutchence and David Gahan (Depeche Mode) ... seperated at birth??

MICHAEL
showpics.php

DAVID
link.gahan.jpg

Last edited:
theu2fly said:
However, during the show of 1997 in Mexico City, Bono was supposed to do a duet with Michael

I never heard about that.

So Michael was going to do a duet on stage at Mexico City? Or had they planned a duet for that time for a studio release?

Also, I think those glasses in the second pic are nearly identical to the ones Bono wore just after popmart in 1999. I don't know how to upload the images, but I’m sure someone has some to post.

Neenie said:

Also, I think those glasses in the second pic are nearly identical to the ones Bono wore just after popmart in 1999. I don't know how to upload the images, but I’m sure someone has some to post.

It's all about the evidence, people :wink: Here's an image from the infamous Popmart news conference in New York. It was taken in February 1997.

227_medium.jpg

theu2fly said:
However, during the show of 1997 in Mexico City, Bono was supposed to do a duet with Michael, but Michael, died of a wrongful death.

I didn't know that...interesting. I wonder if it was slated to be "Slide Away," the tragically ironic title of the duet Bono and Hutchence recorded just before his death?

Here's an mp3 of that song, for anyone who hasn't heard it: http://www.you sendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E8FBB4265DEA5F68

Thanks Rochelle for posting that video...I've never seen that. Just watching, you can sense something is slightly off with him...sad end to a great performer.

angelordevil said:
I didn't know that...interesting. I wonder if it was slated to be "Slide Away," the tragically ironic title of the duet Bono and Hutchence recorded just before his death?

that song was put together after michael's death.

Re: Re: Bono and Michael Hutchence

angelordevil said:

Thanks Rochelle for posting that video...I've never seen that. Just watching, you can sense something is slightly off with him...sad end to a great performer.

your welcome

and yes a very sad end to a great performer:sad:

So definitely some influence...

But also, Hutchence had an Eddie Vedder look going for a while... so that's 3 people

Bono
David Gahan
Eddie Vedder

Michael22.jpg

Pearl_Jam_Eddie_Vedder_Signed_Photo.jpg

Oprah really looks like a really tan version of BOno in that picture of her. It's kind of freaky how she has features similar to his, funny looking hair that does a flip, and her mouth is open, andher forehead and hairline as well..

theu2fly said:
After the ZOO TV tour, Bono sported glasses that were to 'help' his eyes from being harmed by the lights on POPMART and so on...

After that, I think Bono started to pay tribute to Michael by sporting part of his look...

How is it that you get so many facts wrong???

i feel so sorry for the poor person who found Michael in that sydney hotel room. in the enough rope interview with andrew denton on ABC australia filmed in march this year bono discusses michael and SIAMYCGOO i think.

i agree she is one brave little girl she lost both her parents and she never really had time to know them, i think she must be a very strong little girl... and she looks so much like her Dad

theu2fly said:
So definitely some influence...

But also, Hutchence had an Eddie Vedder look going for a while... so that's 3 people

Bono
David Gahan
Eddie Vedder

Michael22.jpg

Pearl_Jam_Eddie_Vedder_Signed_Photo.jpg

Actually, it would be Vedder looking like Hutchence. The pic you posted is how Hutchence looked circa '87/'88 when INXS had their break-out album "Kick". PJ didn't become super big until '91/'92.

As Bono and Hutchence were buds, it wouldn't surprise me if they borrowed or were influenced in eye appearal - after all, who isn't influenced by friends in some area? But Bono is probably the one most recalled for his sunglasses. They started to make an appearance in the JT era, but weren't worn often. But by AB, of course, they were part of his daily attire. So, I'd say in this case, it was Bono influencing Hutchence.

Hutchence <---- still miss him terribly. :sad:

Muggsy said:

I read somewhere (a long time ago) that Bob Geldof has her custody... is that true??

Yes I think its true, she was left an orphan.....His children with Yates before she hooked up with Michael are half brothers and sisters. He is extremely noble for doing so.

Back
Top Bottom