Bono and Larry on Comic Relief

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ace Rimmer

The Fly
Anybody see Bono and Larry on a Comic relief sketch tonight?? the lads from Auf Wiedersain Pet (british Comedy drama) get their cases mixed up in a hotel and end up with a case full of money, they think they have nicked it from gangsters, anyway tuns out it is Bono`s case and he goes on to give it all to Comic Relief causing a big argument between Bono and Larry - Classic :)

I haven't seen it, but it sounds very funny.
A new series of Auf Wiedersehen Pet starts on TV here soon. My mother was a fan of the first series.
the old mistaken suitcase trick....a happy ending:)

ahh i just barely saw this on tv ...

mum shouted 'hayley, bono is on tv !!!! ' and i jumped and ran for the other room lol :p

saw the gist of it tho ;)

bono and larry both looking pretty darn hot :cool: :sexywink:

Just saw Bono on MTV2 this morning. Top 22 Voices. He was #4. :bono: :huh:? Kept missing it before now.. Great 2 or 3 minutes. :cool: Tried to catch U2 on "Ireland Rocks" yesterday. But Bravo advertised it wrong and I waited till last night and missed it, yesterday afternoon. :angry: :banghead: Suppose to air it again at 2am in the morning. Must set my alarm. Don't care if I loose sleep. That is, if Bravos tv guide listing is right. Geez why 2 am.. :yawn: U2/Bono is the most profoundly popular act/people from Ireland. (IMO) Now trying to find out when Comedy Central might air Bono again. Off to search tv guide. :rolleyes: :wave:

Last edited:
sue4u2 said:
Just saw Bono on MTV2 this morning. Top 22 Voices. He was #4. :bono: :huh:? Kept missing it before now.. Great 2 or 3 minutes. :cool:

Argh, damn my cable company for not carrying MTV2!

That's cool that he's in there-#4, not bad at all. Who was above him?

Originally posted by sue4u2
Tried to catch U2 on "Ireland Rocks" yesterday. But Bravo advertised it wrong and I waited till last night and missed it, yesterday afternoon. :angry: :banghead: Suppose to air it again at 2am in the morning. Must set my alarm. Don't care if I loose sleep. That is, if Bravos tv guide listing is right. Geez why 2 am.. :yawn: U2/Bono is the most profoundly popular act/people from Ireland. (IMO)

Ooh, I saw that documentary. Very interesting.

While watching that show, I started to really like Irish accents more and more. :).

They talked a lot about U2 in there...looks like Ireland thinks quite highly of them.

Nice footage, too (some really good Bono footage...:drool:...).

Originally posted by sue4u2
Now trying to find out when Comedy Central might air Bono again. Off to search tv guide. :rolleyes: :wave:

Huh?

I haven't heard about this! What is it he's supposed to be on?

Angela

Bravo channel, I think, is an affiliate of Fox. They have been airing Irish movies, interviews, profiles and the one I missed, yesterday, Ireland Rocks. Showing alot of riverdance also. Ireland Rocks was suppose to air again early in the morning, but it's not listed in tv guide, so who knows.
MTV Top 22 voices - Bono was #4, Whitney Houston #3 (go figure) Freddie Mercury (Queen) #2 and #1 was Mariah Carey?:scratch: for her 5 octave voice range, I guess.
It's coming on again at 6pm, about 45 min. (Central) MTV2 Top 22 Voices, if your cable co. carries it. Going to see him/them once more this weekend, at least for a couple of minutes. :edge: :bono: :love: :larry: :adam: :sexywink:

Last edited:
Details
Ireland Rocks: From a Whisper to a Scream
120 min.
Rare archival performance clips and interviews with Van Morrison, Bob Geldof, U2's Bono and the Edge give perfect pitch to this sharp historical look at Irish rock.
The documentary details how Them singer Van Morrison, blues guitarist Rory Gallagher (1949-95) and Thin Lizzy singer Phil Lynott (1949-86) helped shape Irish rock in the 1960s and '70s, blazing a trail for the country's future artists, including the Boomtown Rats, U2, Sinead O'Connor, the Pogues and the Cranberries. Included: a look at 1985's Live Aid concert, which was organized by Geldof and featured a prime U2 performance; archival interviews with Lynott; and clips of Gallagher playing kinetic blues guitar. (VCR Plus+ 642611)
2PM Monday March 17, 2003 Bravo
Release Year: 2002

Yeah I saw this too and wasn't expecting to see Bono and Larry in it! Made me laugh when Bono pointed to Moxey and asked was that the Edge's hat?
Moxey: " It was probably made in County Tipperary hand woven by virgins"
Bono:"County Kerry actually"
And Larry looking horrified that all the money in the case was going to Comic Relief!
Larry: "But I thought we were going to buy Andorra!" Great little skit!

what a bomb! said:
Yeah I saw this too and wasn't expecting to see Bono and Larry in it! Made me laugh when Bono pointed to Moxey and asked was that the Edge's hat?
Moxey: " It was probably made in County Tipperary hand woven by virgins"
Bono:"County Kerry actually"
And Larry looking horrified that all the money in the case was going to Comic Relief!
Larry: "But I thought we were going to buy Andorra!" Great little skit!

Oi! I want to see that! :sad:

Back
Top Bottom