Bono and Elvis The Great Performances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keocmb

Refugee
I bought a DVD yesterday called "Elvis The Great Performances" being a big Elvis fan. :wink:

Low and behold...
Disc Three: From the Waist Up, narrated by Bono of the rock group U2, follows Elvis' path to stardom. Following the remarkable tragectory of an unknown singer to icon in twelve months, are featured in many of Elvis' television appearances, culminating with his legendary performance on the "Ed Sullivan Show."

This DVD is a must for Elvis fans and if you can get your hands on it to watch Volume Three, Bono's narration is really interesting. :up:

:drool:

When did Bono do this? Shame it has to be for Elvis ... if it was a DVD of an artist I actually like, I'd go get it, but I'm one of these Elvis haters, sorry.

Axver said:
When did Bono do this? Shame it has to be for Elvis ... if it was a DVD of an artist I actually like, I'd go get it, but I'm one of these Elvis haters, sorry.
:eyebrow: VH1 (UK and Ireland) regularly show this documentary and another called Elvis Lives, which is narrated by Bono also - these documentaries are usually quite good, even for those who don' t actually like Elvis. They show performances of "Elvis" songs, by artists such as U2, Norah Jones, Texas, Chris Isaak, Anastacia, Barenaked Ladies,etc and they do explain how Elvis really did influence modern music - if you don't like Elvis, you obviously DO like how he (among other important influences) has changed the face of music - you do this by being a fan of a rock'n'roll band like U2:ohmy: :shrug: :applaud:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom