Bono and Edge to perform with Bowie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mullen-Girl

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Bono and Edge will be performing tomorrow night at the Concert for NYC with David Bowie. They'll be singing Heroes and opening the show
smile.gif
Now this show will only be aired once so you've gots to watch it. It's at 7e/6c
smile.gif

I can't wait it's going to be a great show and they're going to be playing for all the workers who helped out at the WTC
smile.gif

Woah! It's gonna be groovy!
biggrin.gif

I wonder who's idea it was to co-operate with him...

------------------
Zooming in
Zooming out
Nothing I can't do without
A lens to see it all up close
Magnifying what no one knows
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone
- Adam Clayton / Passengers

***Sparky's Whore***

RSOC's Sparky Shrine

Thats gonna kick ass. the main 'riff' (if you can even call it a riff) to heros is similar to the infinite guitar in With or Without you. i'm sure edge will do an awesome job

Anyone know the full schedule of when and what stations it will be aired on??? thx!
wink.gif

Originally posted by Mullen-Girl:
Bono and Edge will be performing tomorrow night at the Concert for NYC with David Bowie. They'll be singing Heroes and opening the show
smile.gif
Now this show will only be aired once so you've gots to watch it. It's at 7e/6c
smile.gif

I can't wait it's going to be a great show and they're going to be playing for all the workers who helped out at the WTC
smile.gif

Hey I posted a thread about that very idea under my other "sexydimonalias"-'diamondbruno9',
3 weeks ago!

I am glad they are listening to me lol
Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
If curious click
links for
Boston 4 story
and photos..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

Wow!!! My favourite band singing with one of my favourite all-time songs with my favourite solo artist!!!!!!!!!!

I CANNOT wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, wow, wow...

This is such a great idea that I'm staggered that it is actually going to happen. Geeky fan reaction: HOLY COW!!
Now please God, let it work.

MAP

[This message has been edited by Matthew_Page2000 (edited 10-19-2001).]

Canadians help me out!!! Where and when is this being aired???

I don't have VH1
frown.gif

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

K, nevermind... MUCHMORE MUSIC!!!!
biggrin.gif
YAY!!

The Concert for New York
5 hrs. LIVE and Commercial Free
Saturday, October 20, 7pm & 12am ET, 5pm & 9pm PT
**NEW** Performers: Paul McCartney, David Bowie, Bono & The Edge, Elton John, Destiny's Child, The Who, Bon Jovi, Mick Jagger, John Mellencamp, Eric Clapton, Billy Taylor Melissa Etheridge, Macy Gray, Marc Anthony, Five for Fighting, Goo Goo Dolls, India.Arie. Appearances by: Jerry Seinfeld, Jim Carrey, Chris Rock, Gwyneth Paltrow, David Spade, Julia Stiles, Denis Leary, Meg Ryan, Susan Sarandon, John Cusack. Featuring short films by: Woody Allen,Edward Burns, Spike Lee, Martin Scorsese, Jerry Seinfeld and Kevin Smith. The music community has rallied together once again after the tragic events of September 11, 2001. Takes place LIVE on October 20, at Madison Square Garden. To make a donation, call toll free: 1-888-NYMUSIC.

Phew!! *Wipes Brow*

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

Do you guys know that Bowie is on the editorial board for the Modern Painter's Journal and that he is a painter himself? I read this mag often; it is very good quality art journalism.

foray

OMG, this will be just awesome.
smile.gif

I can't wait to see it!

And once again, I don't ever want these boys to go away. This has just been an out-of-this-world year to be a U2 fan.

------------------
Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

~*April*~

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
Hey I posted a thread about that very idea under my other "sexydimonalias"-'diamondbruno9',
3 weeks ago!

I am glad they are listening to me lol
Diamond

lol, I remember that...by some strange coincidence they decided to go right along with your idea. What a kick!

So dream out loud
smile.gif

They're playing heroes?? Far out!

*jeff spicoli is now in my body*

Aloha Mr. Hand!

------------------
Proud owner of Larry's Drumstick!

Still Elevated...

eek.gif
2 "good david's" on the one stage!!!! and another little bloke called Paul. Oh MG, my bedroom wall was a huge collage of pictures of Bowie when I was a teenager, and the for past 20 years I have a discreet postcard size pic of U2
smile.gif
What a combination. Neil Young singing a Lennon song one week...and now this!!!I have no access to vh1, but hopefuly somewhere down the track I'll see it. Thanks for the lead dearheart.

**cass faints, decides that won't achieve anything, gets up and goes , "David, Paul and David
eek.gif
!!!!!**

just in case anyone is interested the show will also be live over the net, check vh1.com or keyword on AOL: concert for newyork

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

Back
Top Bottom